What's on your bench?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't use the Glaze Breaker, I used to use them on cars too.

Make a mandrel, like shown in Randy's vid, and fold some sand paper and put it in there.

Don't worry about a cross hatch pattern.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 372 cyl with a tiny gouge... that now has a hollow spot underneath from the acid method.

I like to use the non acid method and finish with a light ball hone (in both directions) with oil.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't use the Glaze Breaker, I used to use them on cars too.

Make a mandrel, like shown in Randy's vid, and fold some sand paper and put it in there.

Don't worry about a cross hatch pattern.
Yup gonna try and copy the video exactly. Just a lot slower. I should of kept the trashed ms210 cylinder to practice on. Dang it

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. So i followed all the tips i got from eveyone and did my best. heres the results. Man its hard to do Cylinder pics, the light has to be just right. The visible gouge below exhaust is the worst. If i put my dental pick in it i can slide it down the whole way and it wont jump out. There is a few way smaller lines like that above port and the pick will not follow the whole way on any of them. They r very light but still there. Seems like i got it pretty good with out rubbing plating off by ports. My concern is in the 1"- 1/1/2" pass above and below exhaust after cleaning exposed a bunch of tiny pin holes that the dental pick will fall in to.....dont know if thats trouble or notimage.jpgimage.jpg

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. So i followed all the tips i got from eveyone and did my best. heres the results. Man its hard to do Cylinder pics, the light has to be just right. The visible gouge below exhaust is the worst. If i put my dental pick in it i can slide it down the whole way and it wont jump out. There is a few way smaller lines like that above port and the pick will not follow the whole way on any of them. They r very light but still there. Seems like i got it pretty good with out rubbing plating off by ports. My concern is in the 1"- 1/1/2" pass above and below exhaust after cleaning exposed a bunch of tiny pin holes that the dental pick will fall in to.....dont know if thats trouble or notView attachment 140308View attachment 140309
If you can fiscally feel it with your fingernail good enough after getting all the transfer off I would get a different cylinder she was definitely hot.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew buying the saw i was told it needed a P+C. I have a CrossPerformance waiting. This was for science and experience. What about the pin holes? Im really (i dont know why)(yes i do) thinking about putting a piston in this and seeing what happens. I dont think its horrible cuz ive seen good bores and ive seen bad bores...like real bad get a new one bad. thats y i buy cheap cheap saws to experiment with. I could be total wrong, but this is my first (hmmmm this might work) cylinder. Still open to many sugestions though. What do u think of the pin holes? What does that mean?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew buying the saw i was told it needed a P+C. I have a CrossPerformance waiting. This was for science and experience. What about the pin holes? Im really (i dont know why)(yes i do) thinking about putting a piston in this and seeing what happens. I dont think its horrible cuz ive seen good bores and ive seen bad bores...like real bad get a new one bad. thats y i buy cheap cheap saws to experiment with. I could be total wrong, but this is my first (hmmmm this might work) cylinder. Still open to many sugestions though. What do u think of the pin holes? What does that mean?

Maybe something was bouncing around in there. What does the piston and rings look like?

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe something was bouncing around in there. What does the piston and rings look like?
Just jacked on Exhaust side. Rest looks picture perfect. The pin holes! The damn pin holes! Lol!its like the transfer bonded and pulled off the plating. Pure speculation thoughimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every 359 cyl I have come across has had those pits.
The plating on those is always thin and very easy to go thru on a cleanup.

You did very well on that transfer removal.
Cyl would most likely be fine. Loss would be unnoticeable.
If it's a saw to keep I'd run it like you stole it.
If it's a flipper then ?????
AM cyl (Chinese) or meteor piston in that bore.... I'd rather the OEM with meteor....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk