High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What's on your bench?

Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol I knew that buck just had to pester you you get that 288 sorted out?

I think so. I am paranoid of it being lean so I stripped it back down and re-sealed the cyl/case. Going to vacuum test in the morning and then test fire it. Working on the top cover now, opened a couple breather holes and started wet sanding it. I’m not going to get too crazy with the sanding, just want to clean it up a bit, then I’ll spray it with a UV resistant clear. Those breather holes (matched them on the opposite side) are going to get fine stainless steel mesh attached to the inside of the cover to filter the larger particles.

8D1D2BA8-B52A-4DC9-8F71-79858AAFA89C.jpeg

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be fixing to find out soon.
Wayne I recommend trying an 8 pin on her. I put one on my base delete, muffler modded, timing advanced 670 and with a 20 inch bar with Stihl rs in oak it pulls it very well! Definitely gonna be my cant set up! But with square chain

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wayne I recommend trying an 8 pin on her. I put one on my base delete, muffler modded, timing advanced 670 and with a 20 inch bar with Stihl rs in oak it pulls it very well! Definitely gonna be my cant set up! But with square chain

I'll be trying a few things for sure. I have a nice looking Carlton Speed Tips waiting for her at home.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got a 460 on my bench from someone new to me. He used to work for one of the tree guys I fix a few saws for.

Nothing wrong with the 460, runs and has good compression, he just wants me to make it run a little better, and it needs a tune up.

Just going to do plug, air filter, fuel filter and a muff mod and timing advance and see it that fits the bill.

This guy was gushing about how the 10 mm MMWS 044 I sold his former boss runs.

I also told him that I was just starting to play with porting, and that I was working on a few 046/460 projects. He said he wants one when I'm done with them. OK!!!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's Steve doing? Base cut and full port jobby?

It was gonna be a "work" porting recipe then I thought naw make it spicy :firedevil:

All I know fer sure is I went past my comfort level for a work saw, we'll see soon how "hot" it is, or isn't, as "theory" is always wonderful, right up until it's actually applied...