drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put both bearings on crankshaft, if they are warmed enough they will fall on and tighten up in place. Warm clutch side of case drop crank bearing in until it bottoms. Warm flywheel side, it will automatically line up correctly when both case halves come together.

Use the seal holder.
The last one I did was plastic. So I just made some shims to drop the bearing on to locate it.

Thanks fellas.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20180709_093601.jpg
Mi-T-M pressure washer came in for a no start, pulled the float bowl and it was full of water. This is what's left of what I drained out of the tank after the gas evaporates away.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 132133
Mi-T-M pressure washer came in for a no start, pulled the float bowl and it was full of water. This is what's left of what I drained out of the tank after the gas evaporates away.

Its poor man’s methanol injection; help keep the cylinder cool. If it don’t run, the cylinder stays nice and cool

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Its poor man’s methanol injection; help keep the cylinder cool. If it don’t run, the cylinder stays nice and cool
Some early tractors that burned kerosene injected a mist of water in to the cylinder to prevent knock. Some even used water from the coolant reservoir

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some early tractors that burned kerosene injected a mist of water in to the cylinder to prevent knock. Some even used water from the coolant reservoir

I know that “coolant” injection is a thing (as well as oil cooled piston jets/misters), I was being facetious as its a small pressure washer. There is a guy near me with a Gravely lawnmower that has a turbo setup with methanol and propane

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that “coolant” injection is a thing (as well as oil cooled piston jets/misters), I was being facetious as its a small pressure washer. There is a guy near me with a Gravely lawnmower that has a turbo setup with methanol and propane

I like that word. :)

Also, pics of the Gravely???!!!!!!!!!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Does it have a blow off valve? Cuz that would be sweet.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look for a brass plug in the side with a screw slot in it. That's it. It can be blocked off if so desired. At the time Still felt it would not last if too much rpm was obtained.

Turns out I have the Tilly 138B carb, same size venturi as the 208B (which is the governed carb). Just stripped it down and slapped a carb kit in it and adjusted the needle. We’ll see if that helps.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turns out I have the Tilly 138B carb, same size venturi as the 208B (which is the governed carb). Just stripped it down and slapped a carb kit in it and adjusted the needle. We’ll see if that helps.

Oh yeah! In conjunction with an electronic ignition conversion and it will keep right up with the newer plastic saws.