What's on your bench?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I worked at a cemetery they had a scag turf tiger with the big block 35hp vanguard air cooled. Nice powerful and tough mower.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got sick of dealing with the TS800 so went back to the Zama C3M for my Dolmar 7900. Finally got the main jet out, JB welded up the previous holes, drilled new holes and test fired. Wouldn’t start except on high idle so i drilled out the idle hole on throttle plate. Purrs like a kitten!!!!

Had to turn out the hi side quite a bit to keep from hitting rev limiter. I really need to do the unlimited coil mod.

While it was apart I did the oil pump shaft mod (increased angle to get more oiling from it) and compared the oil pump to the one on the 133/Super I have been working on. Its almost the exact same! I have been searching for the oil pump worm gear for that 133 for months, so now just going to track down a 7900 oiler and worm gear to install in it so i can get this thing running and off the bench.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw spent all night upside down, nothing came out.

Pulled carb apart again to verify everything, didn’t change anything, popped it all back together. Nothing.

Got pissed, tossed the drill to it and after about 30 seconds it popped through the carb (no muffler installed). Started yankin on it and got about 2 seconds of run........ then nothing.
This is going to sound very bad, too damn simple, but here goes... If you have spark (on time) ANY two stroke will run .879 seconds on WD-40. Just a blip in the plug hole and replace plug and pull twice. If it doesn't pop and purr a little you have ignition trouble. I know you are at wits end with this (and I wager you ain't the first)

Tpagel

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag