Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keith, where did you get (what is it):

1) to block the intake,

2) to provide air through the plug?

Also, I use a 034 muffler spacer with a double layer of bike inner tube, and some short bolts, to seal the exhaust. It is a lot easier to work with (instead of re-installing the whole muffler.
All homemade Mike

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

1) to block the intake,

Also, I use a 034 muffler spacer with a double layer of bike inner tube, and some short bolts, to seal the exhaust. It is a lot easier to work with (instead of re-installing the whole muffler.
I only install the 2 inner bolts and a rubber blank behind the can Mike

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

1) to block the intake,

Mike the intake block is just a rubber plug I drive in the intake if I have it that far down for rebuild

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Porting has been played with and as a oh26 fanatic you are I'm shure you would love how this saw runs. I'd be willing to bump my transfer port back up a bit if needed but this Lil *b-word runs. Only catch is im a base gasket guy. I know they can be sealed up good without a gasket but I like to have a base gasket to help keep harmonic vibes down and a stupid sense that a gasket can help keep a case and bearings cooler than metal to metalView attachment 75094
If you only do a stock band removal with the chamber sanded to match the piston dome, you should have enough meat on the base to allow machining to include a gasket.

Usually the bases are .250-.260 thick. The flat chamber piston and chamber cut requires .050 off the base, so I don't like to thin that further so I can use a gasket. But that gets you to 105* Ex roof.

The sanded chamber should yield a 100* Ex roof and you'll only need around .019 off the base for an .020 squish. So that can be increased to a .039 cut for a gasket safely.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got an MS362c-m on the bench....runs good but idles low and dies sometimes. M-tronics doesn't seem to be working properly. Checked the carb and didn't find any crap...did find that the fuel pump gasket was stretched....not having a kit in stock I found a gasket and popped that in. Actually made things worse. haha Gotta figure that out.
Tuned up an MS250 today to. Did alot more but I am to lazy to write it all. haha