Country flag

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just be real focused when you put the cover on and use the two guide bolts to hold it up while you slide it on. You only have less than 30 minutes until the silicone sets and the torque sequence is a real *b-word. It takes longer. At least I did, but I only went over by 5 minutes.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, even though the water pump has an o ring use your finger to put some on the outside of that o ring as a secondary external failure point.

It will still leak from the weap hole onto the alternator if the bearing fails, that's the tatle tail for the water pump.

View attachment 349021

Ignore the first part of this blurb, and pay attention only to the torque spec. Wasnt sure if you had a manual or not, but it wasnt in the one I got and had to get it from my buddy at Ferd. Follow the numbered sequence up ^ there in that image. When you get to 21 and 22 pull out the "dowels" shown below and place the appropriate bolt there and torque it(last image).

View attachment 349022

I made these two bolts like this. You cut the heads off, and when you go to install the cover you use these to support the cover and slide it directly on and keep it from moving. If it moves that's bad. Put these in the top two inner bolt holes.

View attachment 349023
Is this the SHO model?

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finished up the 009L last night. Got the carb cleaned and rebuilt, fuel line and filter replaced, replaced the tank vent fitting and hose with the Echo style one, replaced the recoil rope and plug. Fired up pretty easily and got the initial tune done. Used it this evening to trim the arborvitae in the back yard and did the final tune on it. Runs good and it's getting picked up tomorrow evening.

d02937b510c44b5cddf2e128a2d17961.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nowy tłok i uszczelki Duke'a powinny być dobrą piłą wypożyczaną.

[DOŁĄCZ=pełne]349121[/DOŁĄCZ] [DOŁĄCZ=pełne]349122[/DOŁĄCZ][/WYCENA]
What model of a chainsaw is it?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Putting the cover back on or the whole job?
Deciding whether I wanted to start it or not. 8 hours to remove everything, 6 hours after getting parts to put on pump, set timing and put on cover, then another 7 hours to put everything back on, put in oil with new filter, work air out of cooling system, recharge a/c and a much of other crap. Bet you heard it more than once, why does it cost so much, just changing a water pump. I would step back and say use my tools and have at it.