Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Round these parts with a hearty meal we throw biscuits or rolls on the side. I mean I can bring em with me.
You bring Murican biscuits and there'll be more cooked food left for Ya. ;)

I can make biscuits, cookies or a cake, it's been a long while since I last made any but I'd remember how to mix butter, eggs, flour and sugar. :D

I got these cookies, made them fresh last evening. :cool:

IMG_20220814_185606.jpg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some very close friends were visiting recently, so we had a small gathering and I did up some ribs. Used a rack and got all 8 on the Summit charcoal grill. 20220817_124650~2.jpg

Some simple tacos tonight. Should have marinated my flank steaks, but I got a late start so just a couple rubs.. Nothing fancy, but they hit the spot. I love using the gas ignition on weber's fanciest grill (well almost, I don't have the cart version) to light a chimney full of briquettes for one of their absolute cheapest and most basic. 20220825_180146.jpg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figured I’d take one for the team yesterday after work. BNIB unopened $1250 24” Weber Summit Kamado E6 ended up in the back of my truck for $700. Do that deal seven days a week….
View attachment 347234
View attachment 347233
View attachment 347235
View attachment 347236
View attachment 347237

Congrats!! I'd take 2 at that price for sure!

I have the first gen with the gas ignition but otherwise pretty much the same thing. It's a fantastic grill. A couple of add-ons I've really enjoyed are a temp controller to fit into the fan port (I use a smoke x4 and billows from thermoworks) and I also added an extra 18" cooking grate. I pretty much leave the charcoal grate in the bottom position 100% of the time but I toss the 18" grate on the higher position for the charcoal grate. That way I can remove the middle of the top grate and have access to the super hot lower grate for searing but I have a higher outer ring that's a little more tame. It's actually pretty crazy how many different ways there are to set that grill up to do different things.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congrats!! I'd take 2 at that price for sure!

I have the first gen with the gas ignition but otherwise pretty much the same thing. It's a fantastic grill. A couple of add-ons I've really enjoyed are a temp controller to fit into the fan port (I use a smoke x4 and billows from thermoworks) and I also added an extra 18" cooking grate. I pretty much leave the charcoal grate in the bottom position 100% of the time but I toss the 18" grate on the higher position for the charcoal grate. That way I can remove the middle of the top grate and have access to the super hot lower grate for searing but I have a higher outer ring that's a little more tame. It's actually pretty crazy how many different ways there are to set that grill up to do different things.
They are excellent smokers and grills. I’ve grilled/reverse seared, etc and smoked on one a few times, buddy of mine has a fairly new S6 (cart version). I wish it had the gas start like both my Performer Deluxe’s but no biggie. I need this one like I need a hole in my head with all the other grills/smokers I’ve got, but I damn sure wasn’t gonna pass it up at $550 off. Gonna break it in next wknd with a couple of briskets for the Labor Day shindig.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are excellent smokers and grills. I’ve grilled/reverse seared, etc and smoked on one a few times, buddy of mine has a fairly new S6 (cart version). I wish it had the gas start like both my Performer Deluxe’s but no biggie. I need this one like I need a hole in my head with all the other grills/smokers I’ve got, but I damn sure wasn’t gonna pass it up at $550 off. Gonna break it in next wknd with a couple of briskets for the Labor Day shindig.
Nonsense- you can never have too many grills or smokers.
As for how many you actually need….…..”just one more.”

North by Northwest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Out at Moose Camp for a few days , 4 actually just pulled in yesterday afternoon . Brought various smoked wild game that I smoke almost daily , in either hickory , cherry or apple . Last nite it was a toss up of either Venision , Moose or Caribou . This afternoon took a ride in the side by side with the wifey to check for sign of activities , scrapes , rubs , tracks etc . Brought hickory venison sausage & a lite salad for a lunch on the go . Not sure if Moose Roast or Caribou , for supper tonite , likely Moose , since we had Caribou steaks smoked in cherry last Thursday prior leaving , last nite . Love smoking the game that your fortunate enough to put in the freezer . I brought 30 lbs of various jerky properties , for quick snacks , since the boys came up early to help with brushing some new shooting lanes & ladder stand set up , once we establish the game trail activity . Have a great long weekend ! :beer-toast1:

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@USMC615 That’s almost ceramic money! I’m interested in how that works out for you. I loved my Weber kettles for 20 years until I went ceramic. Doesn’t matter if it’s holding 200° for an 18 hour smoke or a quick 800° sear.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@USMC615 That’s almost ceramic money! I’m interested in how that works out for you. I loved my Weber kettles for 20 years until I went ceramic. Doesn’t matter if it’s holding 200° for an 18 hour smoke or a quick 800° sear.

The summit is weber's answer to the ceramic kamados like big green egg and kamado joe. There's pros and cons to both options, and I was pretty strongly leaning towards the big Joe when I was shopping, but eventually the weber swayed me. It's double walled, so it keeps heat very well. I'm sure a ceramic is a bit more stable and efficient, but this is damned close and more responsive when you do want to change gears. Also, the Propane ignition (discontinued on the new standalone model) and ash cleanout setup is super convenient.

The last big factor for me is that I can't crack and destroy the weber. I have been known to be rough on things, and having a breakable and very heavy grill seemed problematic. I don't have a nice permanent patio location for mine, so that might not be an issue for some people. I've been known to toss my summit on pallet forks and take it to different places on the farm. I don't think that'd be a good idea with a ceramic.

Headed down to do some skewered teriyaki pork. 20220904_142404.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At 9pm this 16 lb brisket starts his 12-15 hr 250 deg smoker journey. Little light combination of Operation BBQ Relief Texas SPG and Pit Boss Prime Beef and Brisket Rub…

7b190e0a-1f2b-4ce4-9088-a121af26e01b-jpeg.353024