Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also Saturday morning we ground the rest of my roasts from my steer. Trying to clean out the freezer for the upcoming orders and ground is the best way. Ended up with 23 pounds of ground, double grind good looking stuff.

E202A794-B267-4F63-B758-7DA815E9784E.jpeg E8F3499F-DAA7-45F2-9E38-205F087AA164.jpeg 59BEB5D0-28AD-4393-A73F-5DC1C42AB110.jpegMy buddy gave me these deer sausage, took them to a cookout Saturday. They were really good and deer isn’t usually my jam.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That all looks great but the Wagyu burger is exceptional. Cooked medium raw, as a proper burger should be.
Yep my burger was about twice the size of the wife and daughter burgers. Grilled for the same amount of time. I’m sad I only had 1 pound of that wagyu in the freezer, it makes a killer burger!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are we looking at here, Wilhelm?
Yummy food! :hambre:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pek...ndroid-coosea&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

If the above link doesn't work try searching "Peka Croatia" in Your preferred search engine.

Basically, various meats and vegetables placed inside a two piece cast iron cooker being covered in embers for about 2 hours.
Some also prep fish in it, but it is said that the cooker takes on fish smell and becomes unsuitable for prepping meat.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

https://www.google.com/search?q=pek...ndroid-coosea&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

If the above link doesn't work try searching "Peka Croatia" in Your preferred search engine.

Basically, various meats and vegetables placed inside a two piece cast iron cooker being covered in embers for about 2 hours.
Some also prep fish in it, but it is said that the cooker takes on fish smell and becomes unsuitable for prepping meat.
That’s just fuggin awesome man

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Sounds delicious. What's your meat of choice? Love the shape of that cooker too. I was pretty into cast iron for a while but I've never seen curved sides like that in the US.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently acquired a 1988 weber go-anywhere charcoal grill. They seem to have a cult following amongst weber folks. I just wanted something portable and versatile that wasn't expensive. At $25 this fit the bill. It's a pretty sweet little machine. I saw online about cutting the cooking grate so that it fits down into the grill and you can pack up a bunch of charcoal, a small chimney, and other supplies for grilling on the go.

Anyway, I've been doing some cooks on it to get the feel for it. Mostly simple direct stuff like burgers and chops. 20220725_181148.jpg 20220723_180500.jpg

But I also heated up some Mac and cheese and corn on the cob. Roasted a garlic too, since I had a bunch of extra space. 20220806_182317.jpg

And I even did a chuck roast brisket style and some country ribs, which got cooked and eaten between these pictures. Again, so much extra room I needed to fill it with something. 20220807_112520.jpg 20220807_193404.jpg

I also took it down the river on an overnight canoe trip a few weeks ago. Brought some teriyaki marinated pork chops for dinner, which were awesome. And I brought a nice chunk of ham for breakfast, which I started early and smoked for about 2.5 hours while basting with leftover teriyaki sauce. As someone who really enjoys grilling for a group of people, it was very fun getting to bring the show on the road. So much so that I found a second go-anywhere for $20 and I'm gonna leave it ready to roll and in the trunk of the car just in case I have an opportunity to do some grilling "on location" at a moment's notice. :)

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds delicious. What's your meat of choice? Love the shape of that cooker too. I was pretty into cast iron for a while but I've never seen curved sides like that in the US.
Whatever meat I have at hand, rabbit, poultry and pork are the most common.

You might be able to find some of these cookers privately imported to the US.
I am not aware of any active sales to the US though.
It is sand cast, food grade enamel on the inside, cleans relatively easy with a stainless steel wire sponge.