Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Keith. I think the breakfast casserole is going to be exceptional. Company bought the food, I donate the labor.

I have to say they really put a lot of effort into making the production crews feel appreciated. I don’t have to work there, but it is refreshing to see an employer give a crap nowadays

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the info from a buddy downstate. Believe they’re made here in Michigan. I’m hoping it’s the Cadillac they’re made out to be
Yep...mfg’d in Michigan and I believe they have a plant in Texas as well. My understanding their controllers are spot on...should be a fine machine.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are any of you guys using PID temp controllers on your elec smokers?
I just ordered a LEM electric cabinet smoker, for sausage making, and want to add a PID, for more precise heat control.
I've been looking online and found a few but if anyone has found a unit that is working well for you, I'd appreciate hearing about what you have.
Charlie, @amberg , I know you're using one. How do you like it?

Thanks

Yesterday, I tried to put the LEM smoker together. The feet went on fine but when I tried to attach the other hardware found that the bolt threads were a different pitch than the nuts mounted to the cabinet. The holes for the bolts were drilled off center on some as well. The smoker was supposed to come with rods for hanging sausage but came with a few hooks instead. This thing is nothing but cheap Chinese junk.
I'm sending it back.
My wife ordered me a Pit Boss. Hopefully it's better quality.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday, I tried to put the LEM smoker together. The feet went on fine but when I tried to attach the other hardware found that the bolt threads were a different pitch than the nuts mounted to the cabinet. The holes for the bolts were drilled off center on some as well. The smoker was supposed to come with rods for hanging sausage but came with a few hooks instead. This thing is nothing but cheap Chinese junk.
I'm sending it back.
My wife ordered me a Pit Boss. Hopefully it's better quality.
Good to know

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i use my gmg almost everyday very easy setup .
GMG's are nice but I want electric, for drying and smoking sausage.
I have Traeger pellet and gas cabinet smokers but both are a pain in the ass to use as I need.
I need to be able to maintain low temps, 100*- 175*, for several hours and also need to be able to start low and step up the temp up at different intervals.
With an electric smoker and a PID controller, I can program the PID to start low and step up as needed, depending on the type of sausage I'm making.
There are units made that do what I want but they're $$$$ and are overkill for my need.