Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are any of you guys using PID temp controllers on your elec smokers?
I just ordered a LEM electric cabinet smoker, for sausage making, and want to add a PID, for more precise heat control.
I've been looking online and found a few but if anyone has found a unit that is working well for you, I'd appreciate hearing about what you have.
Charlie, @amberg , I know you're using one. How do you like it?

Thanks

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Are any of you guys using PID temp controllers on your elec smokers?
I just ordered a LEM electric cabinet smoker, for sausage making, and want to add a PID, for more precise heat control.
I've been looking online and found a few but if anyone has found a unit that is working well for you, I'd appreciate hearing about what you have.
Charlie, @amberg , I know you're using one. How do you like it?

Thanks

Love it!! Pm. me.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More info on the taters! I think I like them!
Homemade scalloped potatoes. I usually use the Yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin. Mix them together with a little half and half, an egg, thin sliced sweet onion, gruyere and swiss cheeses. Aldi has the cheese blend. Salt, pepper and a little thyme. Bake @ 375 covered with foil for about 30-40 minutes and another 15 uncovered. easy peasy. I don't use recipes or measure. With that being said, find the simplest recipe on line you can find and don't get to fancy. The only important thing is the egg/half and half ratio to the amount of potatoes. Pro tip.....use a glass or ceramic dish. Cleans up a lot easier