What oil is best? and what ratio?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I can say is, my machines do extremely well with my regimen of MMO and fuel stabilizer in this era of nearly universal E10 gas. If anything, they are more reliable than those I remember from when I was growing up which were fueled by straight gas with nothing added or even good old leaded regular.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I can say is, my machines do extremely well with my regimen of MMO and fuel stabilizer in this era of nearly universal E10 gas. If anything, they are more reliable than those I remember from when I was growing up which were fueled by straight gas with nothing added or even good old leaded regular.
Have you ever heard of Renegade Racing fuels?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, never have. What are they?
Bowling Green KY. A station here in Topeka Kansas gets it shipped here. If I have stuff that I know will be setting I'll get some of it. 102 for $7.50 gallon

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't checked in here for awhile. Had been using red armor which I like. Had one failure, which wasn't oil related.

Used some 2r which tuned good and didn't produce any unbearable stink. Didn't like the dye however. Too difficult to see if it's mixed. Y'all would have to meet my help.

Lately been using orange bottle stihl, absolutely hate the stuff. Used to use it all the time and thought it was ok. My saws don't tune well on it. Even the 661's, real sluggish until up to temp. And then still aren't what they are on red armor.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm sure your stuff would be as happy or happier without the snake oil.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
4:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't checked in here for awhile. Had been using red armor which I like. Had one failure, which wasn't oil related.

Used some 2r which tuned good and didn't produce any unbearable stink. Didn't like the dye however. Too difficult to see if it's mixed. Y'all would have to meet my help.

Lately been using orange bottle stihl, absolutely hate the stuff. Used to use it all the time and thought it was ok. My saws don't tune well on it. Even the 661's, real sluggish until up to temp. And then still aren't what they are on red armor.
If have a husky dealer try their blue xp stuff ,good dye for the workers

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If have a husky dealer try their blue xp stuff ,good dye for the workers

I've used xp in the past and liked it. Smell is bearable, and easy to tell it's mixed.

Local husky dealer is a bit of a drive. And his prices are beyond what I'm going to pay. Even buying bulk he expects full retail and then some.

Wish stihl oil was better, I can get a great deal with my saw dealer