What oil is best? and what ratio?

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I was afraid of this…..probably gonna have to junk her. Anyone want a toasted closed port 55? I hope I haven’t f-worded up my 372 or 395 on this stuff……
Oil looks to be performing very well.
You better throw it in the bin now and switch to whatever the internet says is the best oil this month lol

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I miss the old days when guy's would run a tank of fuel in there saw and pull it down to show how good the oil is performing lol
On a more serious note I wonder what causes such bad blow-by in some saws run on some these top tier synthetic oils.
The pics sheared over the years some had shocking blow-by could be glazed cylinder? Could even be rings never seated if run on that oil from new who knows?.
That's about enough brain power I'm spending on oil for now lol that is until they release a straight zero weight engine oil I'll be all over that running it in all my vehicles just think how much hp and mileage it'll free up lol

Last edited:

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are working on 0W-10W (for better fuel mileage and emission stuffs) it's coming next they are still just trying to get an engine to last just past warranty before it throws a rod once they have that sorted it'll be released..

My new car uses 0-16

I figured screw that I’m using whatever I want

But research has revealed that there is a sensor in the oil pump and another somewhere else that will throw an error code if it senses anything else

Hooray for progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On some of the new cars, the engines are being produced with tighter tolerances, thus the need for thinner oils.
Tolerances in engines are still on par with engines form the 60's not much has changed there.
It's a lot more involved than I'm willing to get into and above my pay grade...But things like better supported/made cranks with no flex same as cams- more efficient oil pumps, uniform machining tolerances not varying form engine to engine the list goes on..
This is just some of how they can get away with running thinner oil to meet emissions reducing parasitic losses from thicker oil.

Last edited:

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I was afraid of this…..probably gonna have to junk her. Anyone want a toasted closed port 55? I hope I haven’t f-worded up my 372 or 395 on this stuff……
Might want to give that air filter a little attention. :beer-toast1:

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tolerances in engines are still on par with engines form the 60's not much has changed there.
It's a lot more involved than I'm willing to get into and above my pay grade...But things like better supported/made cranks with no flex same as cams- more efficient oil pumps, uniform machining tolerances not varying form engine to engine the list goes on..
This is just some of how they can get away with running thinner oil to meet emissions reducing parasitic losses from thicker oil.
Actually you would be quite surprised how different a modern engine is clearance wise, it is all due to lubricants finally catching up to the application…..