What oil is best? and what ratio?

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do any of you use the Schaeffer 9000 synthetic mixing oil? I've read that some use the Schaeffer 7000 mixing oil but my reading is that it (7000) is TCW oil.

Been running 9000 two stroke oil for a few years.
I buy it per case with 3 oz bottles. Mix it 40:1
From what I can tell, it burns a bit cleaner than Stihl Ultra.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perhaps graphite oil would prevent scuffing, but it may polish instead.

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not to be a PITA, but I pay $86 for 5 gallons of Sunoco Race Fuel to avoid the corn likker and other additives they put in today's gas. I'm not adding more components that I don't know what they are...

An old engineering axi0m... "Less is more..."

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not to be a PITA, but I pay $86 for 5 gallons of Sunoco Race Fuel to avoid the corn likker and other additives they put in today's gas. I'm not adding more components that I don't know what they are...

An old engineering axi0m... "Less is more..."
Same here. I buy VP racing 94 or Sunoco Optima 95 in 5 gallon cans. Only oil goes in. Nothing else needed.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This oil is interesting to me because of some of the claims they make. Some are similar to Blue Marbles claims which was the only full mineral oil to not only make it to the 300:1 testing but made it over 4 hours and still ran on 40:1 mix after the teardown.

I am slowly catching up on the life altering threads I got behind on

If I am not mistaken somebody brought up the Tribodyn oil a year or two back in this same thread

I don't think it actually got used or commented on other than to be classified in that "looks too good to be true" category

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am slowly catching up on the life altering threads I got behind on

If I am not mistaken somebody brought up the Tribodyn oil a year or two back in this same thread

I don't think it actually got used or commented on other than to be classified in that "looks too good to be true" category
That's usually what happens to anything outside the box. Labeled as snake oil never to be tried. Advances in everything all around us but not lubricant. Oh no. Not lubricant. If Mobil or some other monster oil company didn't come up with its smoke and mirrors you know.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's usually what happens to anything outside the box. Labeled as snake oil never to be tried. Advances in everything all around us but not lubricant. Oh no. Not lubricant. If Mobil or some other monster oil company didn't come up with its smoke and mirrors you know.

I think that's a very valid point

I remember when just saying Amsoil on AS or FHC got you tarred and feathered because it was garbage sold by a pyramid scheme

I have told the story before about Randy asking me what oil I used in my PS-6400 when I sent it to him years ago

I was almost afraid to tell him it was always run on Saber

When I did answer him he came back and said it was in great shape, keep using it

I almost fainted

Now look where we are

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think that's a very valid point

I remember when just saying Amsoil on AS or FHC got you tarred and feathered because it was garbage sold by a pyramid scheme

I have told the story before about Randy asking me what oil I used in my PS-6400 when I sent it to him years ago

I was almost afraid to tell him it was always run on Saber

When I did answer him he came back and said it was in great shape, keep using it

I almost fainted

Now look where we are
You still run into those types of individuals.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are many variables that influence any oils performance or lack thereof. Even air filter maintenance.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dominator, H1R, and Red Armor (both new and old formulas) have been the cleanest and best lubricated that I’ve pulled apart
As you know I have yet to test the Belray but will. The other two....I concur. Well lubed and clean.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whew, 901 pages read minus the ones that got moved/evaporated.

Great testing done by Redbull661, until Karen 1, Karen 2, and Karen 3

Great testing by Egg Shooter until Karen 4 and Karen 1 reappeared

Oil threads on the internets are not for the faint of heart for sure. Even though the posts are missing, I was able to read between the lines and still feel like I owe Redbull661 and Egg Shooter at least a $20 each for their efforts and Karen(s) 1, 2, 3, 4 a kick in the ass at a minimum…….

Why read 901 pages of what you know lies ahead? Simple, these always have and always will end predictably, you figure out who the players are, what is real and what is memorex, and who to laugh at or put on ignore.

On edit, I have a 1995 Husky 55 that has only ran on Husky oil or Stihl oil and pump gas, it still runs great. Am I switching because of what I learned here? Yep….

Last edited: