What oil is best? and what ratio?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....I just bought a gallon of Yamalube 2R for less than 50.00 shipped. Can y'all guess which oil I'll be using for the near future?
Prince would have approved! Well at least of the color. You going to burn it at 200:1 or 300:1 [emoji6] I was out and about picked up a quart of 2R for $6 it was on sale at the bike shop, I was getting some Hondabond and couldn't resist.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah that guy is a good salesmen not lol
He don't really know what he's talking about. Says he's YZ just blow up running 25:1 not once but twice! hes bike looks like a older exc the new KTMs 2T's are recommend from the factory 60 or 70:1 mix it's an EPA thing most KTM rider's are brainwashed oil is eavl now days. They go through topends and cranks in crazy low hrs but think it's normal lol
Not all get low hr's some just putt around and get more life out of there 70:1 mix engine's. Think KTM went back to recommend 50:1 after so many problems?mate had a new exc300 couple years ago it was 60:1 after a few topends and barrels worn the plating through he jetted it for 40:1 recons it run heaps better and he didn't need a new topend just going down the shops and back lol he rides like a nutter on the back wheel everywhere not a putta rounda.

Last edited:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's very easy to get the pervert customer discount and get it very easy. Id recommend calling some auto parts places like Napa or auto value. Mom and pop places usually can get the stuff we want

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know. I have a five gallon can full of gas. I’ll just dump it all in there. It’ll be just a tad rich, but that’s good, right?

Not always.....at least from my perspective. Unless you are milling, anything over 40:1 is not something I'd recommend. I've seen my own saws go from running great to running like crap from too much oil.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not always.....at least from my perspective. Unless you are milling, anything over 40:1 is not something I'd recommend. I've seen my own saws go from running great to running like crap from too much oil.
I’m pretty sure that was meant as a joke Randy, so I responded with a joke.
6 quarts for 6 gallons seems awfully rich. Lol

I run 40:1 in my stuff.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
4-1 will be fine SoS.

My milling saws run on 32-1. They clean up about a foot down that cut. My smallers saws run like crap on 32-1 just like the Husky backpack blower and the Echo weed eater. Ye ol' PP455 will run on anything 25-1 32-1 40-1 matters not. Tune and go.

In my experience the older saws will tolerate more oil in the mix. Could have a lot to do with carb jets.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any kind of oil You have at Your disposal goes in the saws oil tank, and gasoline goes in the fuel tank.
As You cut with Your saw it will use liquids from both tanks.

Well, that is my understanding of it as I read it somewhere on the interwebs and the interwebs don't lie. :rolleyes:

If You try it Yourself make a video of it, and don't blame me for unexpected performance jitters Your saw may encounter. :p

excl.gif DISCLAIMER ! excl.gif

excl.gif Do NOT try this on any equipment that requires 2-stroke fuel mix, it is obvious that not everything found on the internet is true! excl.gif

Makita 2-stroke oil (red) at 40:1 for my equipment. :)

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

5,68 Liter of oil on 22,71 Liter of fuel?
A Diesel engine might like that as winter fuel. :p

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I didn't pay enough attention Sandy. Went right over my head. LOL

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've yet to have any of my saws run poorly on 32:1 and my saws tend to run OK, there's always time for that to happen though, just haven't seen it yet. Seems like the modern saws are more prone to that though. My trimmers and other handhelds get 44:1 my big backpack blower "79.7cc" likes a little more oil, it was just a hair too dry inside at 50:1[emoji6]

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So clean Keith. You clean it up with RA? lol
No sir. The RA actually had alil more carbon in the ring lands than I like. Got it all cleaned out and ready for BM. Mixed it at 40to1 with 87 pump gas and just finished running a tank through it. Very low odor

Last edited: