High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

komatsu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I had read either here or AS that Honda was going to discontinue HP2. I never found any other info about it anywhere else. Honda hasn't even made a 2 smoker in several years so i think they probably will. It did seem easily available on Amazon when I was looking though.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's wrong with Lucas? I've heard they are a high quality company, but I guess just because they sponsor most races doesn't mean their stuff is best.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had read either here or AS that Honda was going to discontinue HP2. I never found any other info about it anywhere else. Honda hasn't even made a 2 smoker in several years so i think they probably will. It did seem easily available on Amazon when I was looking though.
More than several years. 12 years to be exact.

D B Cooper

44:1 Bel-Ray MC1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[QUOTE="k
Although I haven't ran Schaeffer's 2 cycle before, Im a big fan of Schaeffer's other products I use in horizontal rock drills.[/QUOTE]

Try running rock drill oil for bar oil good sticky,stringy stuff

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a gallon of VP 40:1 today for $20 and three 2.6 oz. VP 2 stroke full synthetic for 2.79 a bottle. FD on back of it, any good?View attachment 157148
It use to be but haven't used it in several years. Back then VP used Motul 710 in their premix but it's changed....probably to save $$$.

Last edited:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone ever had buildup on the cylinder wall? I was recently looking over my 2188 and found a brownish stained area above the clutch side port on the cylinder. I'd think the rings would scrape it off. Is that a hot spot? Is it the 20% benol in super techniplate doing that? Is it a high blow by area? Is it protecting the cylinder since it isn't being rubbed off?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone ever had buildup on the cylinder wall? I was recently looking over my 2188 and found a brownish stained area above the clutch side port on the cylinder. I'd think the rings would scrape it off. Is that a hot spot? Is it the 20% benol in super techniplate doing that? Is it a high blow by area? Is it protecting the cylinder since it isn't being rubbed off?
Bet it’s the castor

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I should get new rings. I was wondering if I should because I'm thinking of porting it soon; partially to clean out the ports and head, and then I might as well mod it and replace some parts while it's apart. Only around 50 tanks through it, so still young