What oil is best? and what ratio?

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually run itasca before I got into all the best oil stuff. I did it in ported saws and run 40:1. None of them died or had crazy build up like Stihl ultra left.
You also can tune a saw. Most of these capped up saws you see and hear about at saw shops or your brother's uncle in laws stihl 028 who has used x oil for 20 years, that's trashed and coked up, can't tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You also can tune a saw. Most of these capped up saws you see and hear about at saw shops or your brother's uncle in laws stihl 028 who has used x oil for 20 years, that's trashed and coked up, can't tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That’s true. I never had a tach until a few years ago

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually run itasca before I got into all the best oil stuff. I did it in ported saws and run 40:1. None of them died or had crazy build up like Stihl ultra left.
I’ve used the hell outta that stuff. I used to get the quarts all the time for the boat. Yeah. The leftover went into saws at 50:1. Those saws are all still Prestine actually

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You want a few Gary? I’ll send you some.

That would be awesome Sondre. One of the reasons I was holding off was not knowing how easy it would be to ship oil across the border. Even shopping on Amazon up here there are very few offerings. How about you hold a few for me and the next time I am headed to the states I will get you a US address to send them too. I should have enough 40:1 canned fuel to last me the winter and won't be mixing oil until spring.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be awesome Sondre. One of the reasons I was holding off was not knowing how easy it would be to ship oil across the border. Even shopping on Amazon up here there are very few offerings. How about you hold a few for me and the next time I am headed to the states I will get you a US address to send them too. I should have enough 40:1 canned fuel to last me the winter and won't be mixing oil until spring.
You got it. Just let me know, and we’ll get it going. I have more than enough for both of us.