What oil is best? and what ratio?

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've ran 32:1 non det 30. Never was an issue just shake the sheot out of it before filling.

Ran a couple tanks of yamalube semi synthetic recently. Not a fan of the smoke any more. Will stick with amsoil sabre 32:1 for now. I did do 2 tanks on my 2065 at 50:1 pig rich for break in. Probably coulda just run 30@32:1 for that but I didn't.

The sabre @32:1 looked nice and wet on my little 011avt when I had the muffler fall off. I should pull the plug and check it out. Its a real pain to get at though. Scrench ain't gonna do.

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So if an oil was not on that list that means it was not certified?
Specifically the Dolmar oil.
I normally use Husky XP or Honda HP2 depends on the saw. Always 32:1 in everything. Now back to Dolmar oil. I bought 3 cases 12.5 oz. @ $42.00 cs. del., 1 @ $48.00 cs. del. Sold 1 for cs. for $60.00 to tree guy and he was happy. I look at it like this if it's good enough for Dolmar to use in their saws I'm not going to worry about an FD rating. JMO. Planning on using Dolmar oil in my TreeMonkey 6100.
Shep

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Assuming that one oil is better than another because it is full synthetic vs a semi is flawed.
On a boat forum I'm on those guys said that the semi synthetic oils are better for storage. I.E. like I don't go out all winter, so it sits. I do start it up and idle till warm a few times.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On a boat forum I'm on those guys said that the semi synthetic oils are better for storage. I.E. like I don't go out all winter, so it sits. I do start it up and idle till warm a few times.

They certainly can be. Ester based synthetic oils are pretty poor for storage purposes.

Fairways_and_Greens

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry if it's been answered, I searched and found nothing. Based on @Redbull661 hard work I've been running HP2 at 36:1 for the past few years... I just picked up a KM131 head. Are the 4-Mix motors OK with 36:1?

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry if it's been answered, I searched and found nothing. Based on @Redbull661 hard work I've been running HP2 at 36:1 for the past few years... I just picked up a KM131 head. Are the 4-Mix motors OK with 36:1?
Really 36:1?? I didn't follow red bulls tests. But that seems like a random ratio to me, and nit the standard 32:1 or 40:1

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thoughts on Royal Purple HP2C oil?

Last I checked Royal Purples two cycle oils where all ashless, marine type formulations not suitable for chainsaws.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last I checked Royal Purples two cycle oils where all ashless, marine type formulations not suitable for chainsaws.

Yup, just went on their website out of curiosity and they claim that particular oil is ashless; although, they claim it's suitable for chainsaws

I also noticed that for that oil they make absolutely zero claims as to any standards

I didn't see any "meets or exceeds" anything

I looked at one of their 4 stroke automotive oils and it had a "meets or exceeds" claim

Dunno

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, just went on their website out of curiosity and they claim that particular oil is ashless; although, they claim it's suitable for chainsaws

I also noticed that for that oil they make absolutely zero claims as to any standards

I didn't see any "meets or exceeds" anything

I looked at one of their 4 stroke automotive oils and it had a "meets or exceeds" claim

Dunno
Your right. I saw that it said for use with saws and other stuff, but I do remember NOT reading a claim as to meets or exceeds anything!!!

Fairways_and_Greens

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really 36:1?? I didn't follow red bulls tests. But that seems like a random ratio to me, and nit the standard 32:1 or 40:1

32:1 seemed a bit rich for my equipment with the electronic carbs. I did experimenting with all my equipment and settled on 36:1... You should really look at what Redbull did towards the beginning of this thread.