What oil is best? and what ratio?

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran some of the new pro mix full synthetic today.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pro-Mix-2-6-oz-2-Cycle-Full-Synthetic-Engine-Oil/1000176163

Its blue! and has what I would describe as a fishy smell in the bottle. When cutting the fumes are not to bad, not nearly as noxious as stihl ultra which gives me a headache, but also not a "sweet" smell like red armor.

I got this from lowes also just for the bottle, poured the oil into the old gas can for brush piles. I did like the blue though, lol.

The KL200 I started using smells so good compared to Ultra.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ran out of bar oil the other day so I used a couple quarts of Schaeffers two cycle oil that were collecting dust as bar oil. Everything worked fine, chain never got hot or even required adjustment.

Last edited:

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've used a bunch of that. I suspect it's the same as Citgo air cooled 2 cycle. It's a pretty blue if that helps.
They make it sound good lol.

"
KTECHBLEND™ 2-CYCLE OIL Case of 48 Bottles of 6.4 oz for 2.5 Gals Fuel

Extend the life of your Kawasaki engine with specially-formulated, premium synthetic blend K-TECH oil with fuel stabilizers. For use in all engines where API and JASO FD oil is recommended, Kawasaki 2-cycle engine oil is a synthetic blend that meets and exceeds the rigorous requirements of API TC, JASO FD and ISO EGD classifications for 2-cycle air-cooled small engine applications.

FEATURES

• ISO-L-EGD and JASO FD certified

• Low-smoke formula

• Blue color indicates oil/fuel mix

• Improved protection against bearing wear and failure

• Improved protection against ring wear and sticking

• Reduced lacquer and varnish build up

• Rust and corrosion inhibitors

• Formulation contains dispersants and detergents to prevent harmful deposits that can cause premature wear, pre-ignition and port plugging"

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@CoreyB It's a mixture of highly refined oil (probably group 2 hydrocracked), polybutylene (the synthetic component), a splash of dearomatized kerosene and some calcium sulfonate(used as a detergent and rust inhibitor). 1-5% is proprietary ingredients. Probably what they use as a fuel stabilizer and the dye.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. But I know that anything Kawasaki is not cheap. How much was ir for a 6.4oz bottle?