trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm an old Operations Manger for a Logistics company. Been driving trucks for 35 years, you name it I drove it. Felt myself having a midlife crisis, so I got my x-ray certification and currently do films for a large Trauma hospital in Baltimore. Very prestigious institution for trauma work, probably first in the country. I'm currently going for my MR certification and cut alot of firewood to heat the house (I hate paying giant conglomerates money). Got into it because I hated paying somebody alot of money when it seemed I could do it myself. Now it has become a hobby to where I fix saws for people and rehab and sell some. Got a couple of steady customers. It certainly helps with vacations or to keep me from dipping into the house money to fuel my CAD (I still do it though!)

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farm animal nutrition sales for 20yrs. and the last 20 was spent at an electric coop selling TV and Internet services, building small cable systems, and some installation work. Semi retired now, and am pursuing a CDL to drive a coach bus, or drive once in a while for my son in his semi.

jasper89

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How'd you guys do today with national signing day?
We are a D3 school so our "signing day " is not binding, no scholarships.
However this is the day where the reality sets in for a lot of players that have had promises made to them from D1 and D2 schools.

"I'm ready to sign" says the player. "We found a better player and there is no scholarship" says the school.

Welcome to real life.

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just read an article where Harbaugh has been doing that to several players the last 6 months or so. I know it goes on everywhere though. His explanation was that Michigan recruits are held to a high standard even off the field and if you don't meet that standard???? Tough titty. Sounds reasonable but we both know that's a cop-out. You hit it on the head in your second paragraph.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maintenance leader at a large food plant. Some of the stuff I do is welding stainless, electrical work, Plc, lots of mechanical replacements, generally everything to keep the place running. Rotate all three shifts and weekends, I cut wood and work on saws to keep my sanity.

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Glazier/Foreman/cat herder/ head *a-hole

IMG_20151014_133808342_HDR_zpsqdsyric9.jpg

IMG_20151002_113913558_zpsehfkvei9.jpg

IMG_20151002_114108195_zpsrs8f3cxl.jpg

Just some small shots of the last project, 1200 lites total, 1/2" monolithic slabs inside, triple Payne 1/4" X 3 on the exterior. 18 years with the same company.