High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is yer perfession?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Farming is a lifestyle. It definitely isn't for everyone. The sad truth about things is that the family farm is being destroyed and swallowed up by industry. It's almost impossible for a guy with 100 acres and 100 cows to make a living now a day. Especially when the farm down the road has 10 full time employees, milks 1000 cows around the clock and has over 1000 acres to play with.
That was a big farm 12-15 years ago. The numbers are triple that now.

Tiewire

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chief Engineer here .......(IUOE Local 30)
Been a jack off .....o_O...... er, um, I mean jack of all trades for a while ;)
FAA A&P license
NYC DOB and AWS certified welder
Instructor for 3rd year Apprentice Training (15th year)

Is that a stationary local? I'm hoisting and portable.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang thought i was one of the few electrian/farmer/mechanic/welder/plumber/logger/carpenter/computer tech/vineyardist etc.here.i think the only think the only thing i think i haven't done is male prostitute, cop,repo man,brain surgeon, rocket scientist multi millionaire. Lol

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was a big farm 12-15 years ago. The numbers are triple that now.

15-20 years ago our farm was considered large.

By todays standards, we are a very very small family farm, and if things continue to go the way they are with regulations etc I don't see a farm our size holding out 5 years down the road.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Laser was one of my favorite classes in collage. I dont hardly remember crap about the therory but it was cool.

BOG (like mudbogs) B Gary Wants Relish B (Like on his hotdogs) Your People Require Aqua (water)....

That's how I used to do the color codes with Fiber Optic....a mnemonic device I reckon that worked for me: Blue Orange Green Brown Gray White Red Black Yellow Purple Rose Aqua....am I close? Been awhile.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
15-20 years ago our farm was considered large.

By todays standards, we are a very very small family farm, and if things continue to go the way they are with regulations etc I don't see a farm our size holding out 5 years down the road.

It's getting ridiculous. You should see the letter I got yesterday from my dairy co-op....

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BOG (like mudbogs) B Gary Wants Relish B (Like on his hotdogs) Your People Require Aqua (water)....

That's how I used to do the color codes with Fiber Optic....a mnemonic device I reckon that worked for me: Blue Orange Green Brown Gray White Red Black Yellow Purple Rose Aqua....am I close? Been awhile.
Your spot on. Blue orange green brown slate. White red black yellow purple, for copper. Rose and aqua added for the fiber.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We still have a ton of Cedar. The new "green" poles are like trying to gaff a concrete stick.

We changed to buckingham spikes when the gereen sticks came out, some green sticks were pine,, some rotten after 7 years!!!!
We were told not to touch the green sticks with our bare hands,,,,
BBB