High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What did you do TO your saw today?

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thought it might be interesting. On another forum I'm on we have a What did you do to your truck today" thread. lol Well here goes:
Took my MS460 to the shop and gave it a good bath. Then I sharpened the chain. Cleaned the air filter. Retuned the saw. And gave it an overall inspection.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well not my saw but my Dad's 038. It needed some attention so I offered to help. Holy crap I got more than I bargined for. First I cleaned it an low and behold there was a saw in there. Carb was acting a little funny he said well off came the cover and the filter was plugged shut. Any to make long story short it got the ol muffler mod while I was at it. The bar was another story, I think he just adds gas when it shuts off an goes back at it, no need for bar oil. So like 45 minutes to get bar cleaned up on top of every thing else. Good thing it rained all day. Here's a few pics after the fact.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
c03c7fb257a947e4ed93d3bed797a870.jpg

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well not my saw but my Dad's 038. It needed some attention so I offered to help. Holy crap I got more than I bargined for. First I cleaned it an low and behold there was a saw in there. Carb was acting a little funny he said well off came the cover and the filter was plugged shut. Any to make long story short it got the ol muffler mod while I was at it. The bar was another story, I think he just adds gas when it shuts off an goes back at it, no need for bar oil. So like 45 minutes to get bar cleaned up on top of every thing else. Good thing it rained all day. Here's a few pics after the fact.
If he's anything like my dad, he'll complain about how loud it is now..lol