Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend @rattler Mike Shetley messaged me this morning to let me know that Brody Hunt is bringing bar and mixing oil to North Carolina from Oregon. That is gonna be a big help.....cause this is one of those things that get overlooked. I just got home from Knoxville.....and passed load after load of supplies heading east. Huge loads of bottled water were what I saw the most of.

Please used this thread to link to vetted organisations that folks can donate to, or those that are asking for volunteers.

Please don't bring politics into this.

These folks had one of the donation centers washed out.......they need donations. https://www.mannafoodbank.org/

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is Samaritans Purse in Boone NC. They are there helping and you can donate through this link. Thanks

Last edited:

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. I'm a professional timber faller from Oregon, who lives and cuts timber in the Asheville area. We started a go fund me, and it's doing really well. Just made a large Madsens order that should arrive at the same time as me and my friend. Also looking into buying a pallet of bar oil. I live in Asheville proper and my place is able to get UPS delivery, so I'm in a good spot to help get stuff out into the mountains. The idea is to get materials up to the worst areas and washed out roads with people beyond them, so that they don't have to try and locate the stuff themselves. If anyone is in the area and want to help get stuff from my house to the rural areas, feel free to holler. Thank you to anyone who can help and keep WNC and the surrounding areas in their hearts. It's really, really bad. call/text (360) 531-3487.

And here's our go fund me I started: https://gofund.me/d853265d

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. I'm a professional timber faller from Oregon, who lives and cuts timber in the Asheville area. We started a go fund me, and it's doing really well. Just made a large Madsens order that should arrive at the same time as me and my friend. Also looking into buying a pallet of bar oil. I live in Asheville proper and my place is able to get UPS delivery, so I'm in a good spot to help get stuff out into the mountains. The idea is to get materials up to the worst areas and washed out roads with people beyond them, so that they don't have to try and locate the stuff themselves. If anyone is in the area and want to help get stuff from my house to the rural areas, feel free to holler. Thank you to anyone who can help and keep WNC and the surrounding areas in their hearts. It's really, really bad. call/text (360) 531-3487.

And here's our go fund me I started: https://gofund.me/d853265d
I was raised in North Carolina. This hits hard for me too. Thank you for what you are doing.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was raised in North Carolina. This hits hard for me too. Thank you for what you are doing.
Been here my whole life. Keep seeing places on the news that I've been to that aren't there anymore. I don't think most people realize how bad it is. Roads washed away, many people have died because no one can get to them.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't heard of that group. Thanks for posting.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend @rattler Mike Shetley messaged me this morning to let me know that Brody Hunt is bringing bar and mixing oil to North Carolina from Oregon. That is gonna be a big help.....cause this is one of those things that get overlooked. I just got home from Knoxville.....and passed load after load of supplies heading east. Huge loads of bottled water were what I saw the most of.

Please used this thread to link to vetted organisations that folks can donate to, or those that are asking for volunteers.

Please don't bring politics into this.

These folks had one of the donation centers washed out.......they need donations. https://www.mannafoodbank.org/
Am working with Smokealongthetracks to get a pallet of oil through TSC in Weaverville. He’s in route from Or.
At the moment there isn't a bottle to be found around there for miles so this would have to be trucked in from somewhere else. If anyone can locate a pallet of bar oil for a decent price, contact me or Smokealong. I'll be contacting TSC customer service in the morning to see what they can do. 55gal drums might also be helpful as guys could bring their own jugs to fill from a central location. If anyone has contacts in the general area, hook us up :D

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone deal with Fastenal on a commercial level. I tried to buy 5gal or 55 drums of bar oil from them but you had to be a business account.
I've used Fastenal for shipping, but don't have an account. You could buy the oil elsewhere, and have Fastenal ship it.

Paul Fithian

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my colleagues has a son who manages a restaurant in Asheville, won't be able to open for at least a month but still has power.

He's cooking all the stored food and feeding first responders and workers there, he got an immediate greenlight to proceed from the restaurant owners.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my colleagues has a son who manages a restaurant in Asheville, won't be able to open for at least a month but still has power.

He's cooking all the stored food and feeding first responders and workers there, he got an immediate greenlight to proceed from the restaurant owners.
if he has the green light to feed the first responders how come not allowed to help the residents

thats the *f-worded up part of it

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants to ship anything in, my address is Brody Hunt 34 Branning St, Asheville,NC 28806. Files, mix, chaps, PPE, common chain types, common bar types, screnches, file guides, and whatever else makes sense, for both pros and relative newbies. I'll get it out to the areas it's needed. 5 gallon buckets, especially with lids are also extra useful, for people in general. Disposable cutlery and plates are extra good to donate in general, as running water is very scarce. The list goes on of course, but a couple things that might not be first in mind.

Mission hospital had 33 chainsaw patients on Wednesday alone, with no running water. Lots of inexperienced and desperate people. PPE is huge. I'll be doing my best to get saw materials into experienced hands, but with the volume I'll be dealing with, I just have to get the stuff out there. Our go fund me has raised over 6k in just over a day. Have a big Madsens order in, making another today.

Thanks from all of the people of WNC if you are able to donate in any way, to any of the relief efforts. This is going to be a very long difficult process. So much of our infrastructure is gone. But people are doing amazing things helping each other on the ground there.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants to ship anything in, my address is Brody Hunt 34 Branning St, Asheville,NC 28806. Files, mix, chaps, PPE, common chain types, common bar types, screnches, file guides, and whatever else makes sense, for both pros and relative newbies. I'll get it out to the areas it's needed. 5 gallon buckets, especially with lids are also extra useful, for people in general. Disposable cutlery and plates are extra good to donate in general, as running water is very scarce. The list goes on of course, but a couple things that might not be first in mind.

Mission hospital had 33 chainsaw patients on Wednesday alone, with no running water. Lots of inexperienced and desperate people. PPE is huge. I'll be doing my best to get saw materials into experienced hands, but with the volume I'll be dealing with, I just have to get the stuff out there. Our go fund me has raised over 6k in just over a day. Have a big Madsens order in, making another today.

Thanks from all of the people of WNC if you are able to donate in any way, to any of the relief efforts. This is going to be a very long difficult process. So much of our infrastructure is gone. But people are doing amazing things helping each other on the ground there.
What about first aid kits?