Country flag

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I traveled several times down the coast from Norfolk Va to Charleston SC .about 50 years ,This was before I 95 was completed .Once right through a little town in NC holding a tobacco auction with all the wares on the sides of the highway . I thought that was very odd not to mention holding up traffic flow . There wasn't much you could do about it .When in Rome do as the Romans I guess .

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I traveled several times down the coast from Norfolk Va to Charleston SC .about 50 years ,This was before I 95 was completed .Once right through a little town in NC holding a tobacco auction with all the wares on the sides of the highway . I thought that was very odd not to mention holding up traffic flow . There wasn't much you could do about it .When in Rome do as the Romans I guess .
Most likely Smithfield.... on US301. About 10 miles from me.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was so long ago I can't remember exactly .I was like 20 at the time and in the navy .All I remember is on I95 you might go 60 miles then get detoured to 20-30 miles of two lane .The NC state troopers had great sport of ticketing travelers going over the speed limit .I pretty much thought most of those tickets suplimented their wages .That aside I still think it's a beautiful state .One side mountains the other side the Atlantic ocean .

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm on Guess rd.
PM me if you want to grab some chow & talk saws.
You working at the Water treatment plant?
The Lodge at Crosdaile Farms apartments. Closing out a job that two others couldn't. What does Tuesday look like?