Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, just got off the phone with Brody. He’s still on the road.
I dropped a donation into his GFM acct and will match others up to $1000. Pass the word!
We are trying to get a pallet of bar oil from the Asheville TSC which will be about $2k. Mgr there said today (via phone) that they have the oil now but don’t know for how long and don’t know when more will get there.
Brody can coordinate with his partner to pick up and distribute the oil and whatever else from there.

Maybe TSC can give a discount and we post that info for a little free advertising? 😀

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's feeding anyone that wants until the food's gone.
it sounded like the residents was getting turned away
and if that was the case leave the public officials float in the river
just like the one ass fire chief and the town manager clown

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An organization that's helping people in low income housing in Asheville had three electric chainsaws stolen. If anyone wants to help donate one or two, they would be very well received at my house. Brody Hunt 34 Branning St. Asheville,NC 28806. Thanks again to any and all help. And for keeping my people in yours hearts if you can't help.

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An organization that's helping people in low income housing in Asheville had three electric chainsaws stolen. If anyone wants to help donate one or two, they would be very well received at my house. Brody Hunt 34 Branning St. Asheville,NC 28806. Thanks again to any and all help. And for keeping my people in yours hearts if you can't help.
Disaster’s bring out the best and the worst in people, and the worst need not be on this earth,

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants to ship anything in, my address is Brody Hunt 34 Branning St, Asheville,NC 28806. Files, mix, chaps, PPE, common chain types, common bar types, screnches, file guides, and whatever else makes sense, for both pros and relative newbies. I'll get it out to the areas it's needed. 5 gallon buckets, especially with lids are also extra useful, for people in general. Disposable cutlery and plates are extra good to donate in general, as running water is very scarce. The list goes on of course, but a couple things that might not be first in mind.

Mission hospital had 33 chainsaw patients on Wednesday alone, with no running water. Lots of inexperienced and desperate people. PPE is huge. I'll be doing my best to get saw materials into experienced hands, but with the volume I'll be dealing with, I just have to get the stuff out there. Our go fund me has raised over 6k in just over a day. Have a big Madsens order in, making another today.

Thanks from all of the people of WNC if you are able to donate in any way, to any of the relief efforts. This is going to be a very long difficult process. So much of our infrastructure is gone. But people are doing amazing things helping each other on the ground there.

What size chains are you guys running. I’d be happy to drop ship and order from sawsalvage.co @Duke Thieroff to you. If you can give me a rough idea what chains and other supplies you’d need I’ll put together a couple hundred order of stuff.

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
17280830756384139170635720653858.jpg

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! Thank you so much!!! I'll get them in their hands ASAP!!! This is amazing. I'll add that this is the first theft I've personally heard of so far. People are being incredibly kind to one another, across any barriers.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What size chains are you guys running. I’d be happy to drop ship and order from sawsalvage.co @Duke Thieroff to you. If you can give me a rough idea what chains and other supplies you’d need I’ll put together a couple hundred order of stuff.
Let's talk about this on the side, I can split it with you or we can multiply our effort.

I love our country and it has afforded me plenty of opportunities. So many people have helped me when I needed it and I'm happy to pay it forward.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let's talk about this on the side, I can split it with you or we can multiply our effort.

I love our country and it has afforded me plenty of opportunities. So many people have helped me when I needed it and I'm happy to pay it forward.

Will do. You probably have a better idea of what people use around that area than me. So let’s get a care package together.

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you so much! I'd say 24" 3/8 050, 20" 3/8 050, and whatever else you think is most common and useful. It'll find a spot. I'm a professional timber faller and don't need any chain so none of it is for my saws. All for saws I've never seen and mostly never will. So anything else that's generally useful to folks, files of all sizes, raker gauges, file handles, earplugs, chaps, you name it. Common bars. Am in contact with at least one of the mule trains now. Our first load is heading into the mountains tomorrow, and I won't even be there for two days yet. It's getting serious with the level of support I'm getting for this, all saw specific materials. I can't believe it, but it's what we need and we need a lot of it. My cutting partner is buying 100-150 gallons of bar oil tomorrow...

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I can't thank you enough. WNC is needing the whole country is behind them.

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow thank you so much! It's amazing and I'd like to say from everything I've heard talking with so many people already there, everyone is coming together and being incredibly kind to each other, regardless of any barriers. So this theft is certainly an outlier.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe we could brainstorm a list of misc consumable and most used spare parts for various saws. I know the crew I worked with in the 80s did that as we all used the same saws. We did repairs up to topend replacements on tailgates cut we were too far out of town :psi.
Rim sprockets, worm gears, clutch drums, chain adjusters, chain catchers, chip guards...?
Make a list of the possible "most common" saws?

Maybe Randy can get HL in on this…

Last edited: