Husqvarna CCC Ebay Store DHS Online Store

Visual difference between Farmertec and Stihl trigger parts

Discussion in 'Sub-forum for these Rice Burner 660 builds' started by JB-PlantHeirloom, Aug 10, 2021.

1. JB-PlantHeirloom

JB-PlantHeirloom Well-Known OPE Member

Local Time:
    12:43 AM
    Visual difference between Farmertec and Stihl trigger parts. I saw a post asking about the quality of the latest kits. Well, I bought a clone MS-660 from someone on E-Bay. Towards the end of the two year square deal warranty it started to get very hard to start and run, so much so, I could only start it by holding the trigger down with a bungie cord to start it. Always popped off choke. The seller was no longer on E-Bay so I could not contact him.

I ended up replacing these trigger parts, going by the board recommendations and from looking at the schematic, and seeing what looked low quality to me.

OEM STIHL parts:
    1122-182-0902 switch shaft (flexes less then the aftermarket from Farmertec)
    1122-182-1502 throttle rod
    1117-182-4500 torsion spring
    1117-182-0805 trigger interlock

Since a picture speaks a 1,000 words, here are some pictures I created for a short video:

Farmertec has never sent me my $12 credit for the mis-drilled Husky 385 piton I posted about here, which was so sad it was comical, so, naturally I have not ordered any more parts from them.

Two positive notes: All my orders from

https://www.hlsproparts.com/

have been awesome so I even order my fuel lines and filters from them instead of e-bay, amazon, lowes, and such. I ordered a just in case full rubber kit for the 660 in case I need something stupid.

Other positive note, it was a beautiful day at the county dump when I was getting my free compost. :-D

Attached Files:

Wonkydonkey and Sagebrush33 like this.
  2. Wonkydonkey

Wonkydonkey Pinnacle OPE Member

Local Time:
    5:43 AM
    Thanks for the pics, they do answer 1k of questions…

JB-PlantHeirloom likes this.
  3. 67L36Driver

67L36Driver Here For The Long Haul!

Local Time:
    11:43 PM
    Somewhat related:

Switch shaft for MS440. OEM on the left.

[​IMG]

JB-PlantHeirloom likes this.
  4. JB-PlantHeirloom

JB-PlantHeirloom Well-Known OPE Member

Local Time:
    12:43 AM
    Big difference there, I can see that having problems. On mine, the OEM was much stiffer. I think over time the repro parts suffer from cheap plastic that just gives up.