China Big Bore 660 build

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually chop through the camber with a drop bandsaw, then finish with a boring bar so I can create a good ID to reference the head. Having to create a head that centers up off an OD on the cylinder sucks to make any changes to.
If I post the complete video, you'll hear me say I normally use the bandsaw and then face it to my desired height etc. But the video was 9 minutes long so it got heavily condensed. Lol
I still have my 2 660 heads... though, I'll be machining them flat and then I'll toss in a compression ring on head and cylinder... easy and effective same thing they do with our race heads once we get to the higher CRs.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I post the complete video, you'll hear me say I normally use the bandsaw and then face it to my desired height etc. But the video was 9 minutes long so it got heavily condensed. Lol
I still have my 2 660 heads... though, I'll be machining them flat and then I'll toss in a compression ring on head and cylinder... easy and effective same thing they do with our race heads once we get to the higher CRs.

McMaster has some nice high temp silicon (red) o-rings that have worked better for me than regular buna-N

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
McMaster has some nice high temp silicon (red) o-rings that have worked better for me than regular buna-N

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took a break from saws... this yz450f was pi$$ing me off... I had to advance the intake cam 2-1/2 links due to the sprocket spinning. Changed out the needle, main jet, and pilot... I still need a larger pilot... a little lean on the idle circuit, idle is slow to return and the fuel screw is out 3 turns... but, overall its getting xlose... I was able to take a short throttle test ride... new to me cams should be here tomorrow... soooo back onto the 660, 200T the Jonsered 52 and the custom saw. 🙄