Upper transfer angles

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I seen a cylinder with a bolt through the top. Had a piece on the underside to fill the chamber. Red neck combustion chamber fill.
I have an early generation 066 big bore that I did that to. It free ported with a stock base and a gasket. I believe it only had 135 psi to start with

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been around awhile and I'm sure. Lol
I hear you're a talented machinist and Porter from some of my buddies on th AS.

I hope you can give us some positive input here.

A little jab here and there is understandable and funny, but posts and replies that are solely intended to start a fight, and have no useful info for others, tend to be useless.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still say all this port work on chainsaws is just a silly fad.

It will never last......mark my words
I believe the race saw stuff will die out if we don't get more people into it and promote it more. I'd love to host a set of races sometime near here to get interest.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Around me, race saw is one that idles high !
NOBODY has ever heard of or seen any chain race even

Square filed ???
Nobody knows ............ maybe the older shop owner has seen square off the roll, but he says "there aint no advantage to it" o_O

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still trying to figure out what the entry angle is.....is this the actual opening of the port? The point where the plating exposes the port opening. Help? I am here for the discussion.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe the race saw stuff will die out if we don't get more people into it and promote it more. I'd love to host a set of races sometime near here to get interest.

You host it Mike. I'll show up to help.

I'm still trying to figure out what the entry angle is.....is this the actual opening of the port? The point where the plating exposes the port opening. Help? I am here for the discussion.

He was talking about the angle of the port in relation to the squish band if I'm not mistaken Joey.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
102/118 are some good numbers. The ones ive done have been straight/parallel with the band. Id like to run one with them slanted from 120 to 118.
Ya my intake fell at 81 after cutting base and squish. I left it there. We will see and hopefully I can run it tomorrow as it got alil 518 this morning about 5pm before headin to work

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if I were to slant them on an 046 I would go 118 to 116, they seem to like short BD

I agree Deets.
Ill try them here 1st. Alil meat on the bone!!! Lol! If I go back in it ill take my horse rasp and try some them fingers in it!!
I set mine at 118 from the start. Had i thought about it, like you, i would have started out lower just to feel the difference. I can tell you 1* of change on both the ex and trans with both at 16* of blowdown is noticable on a hybrid.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The roof of the transfer in the stock husky jugs are different. The exhaust side is flat to the piston crown and the intake side is on an angle a little up ward towards the chamber more.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You host it Mike. I'll show up to help.

He was talking about the angle of the port in relation to the squish band if I'm not mistaken Joey.
Cool. I'll see about finding a place to do it. Pauls dad has that big bottom in western NC with a shelter. Need to get him to think about it.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree Deets.

I set mine at 118 from the start. Had i thought about it, like you, i would have started out lower just to feel the difference. I can tell you 1* of change on both the ex and trans with both at 16* of blowdown is noticable on a hybrid.
Maybe this weekend me and member John Laslab will get to some wood and try the 460 and a 372xpw and video . He has this 372xpw he has been ranting about that some hack named Mdavlee ported!!!;):)

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The roof of the transfer in the stock husky jugs are different. The exhaust side is flat to the piston crown and the intake side is on an angle a little up ward towards the chamber more.
John flatten that one side on that saw Mike to match the factory contour on both sides but left the timing as was which was @ 124/125

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya my intake fell at 81 after cutting base and squish. I left it there. We will see and hopefully I can run it tomorrow as it got alil 518 this morning about 5pm before headin to work

81 is fine.

Ill try them here 1st. Alil meat on the bone!!! Lol! If I go back in it ill take my horse rasp and try some them fingers in it!!

You might not see any big gain when adding fingers. A few percent maybe. Once you get to looking for those last few % of gain, they get harder to find.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly what I was looking to limit it to, for this thread. Otherwise It will randomly spiral out of control.

I'd like to do the entry angle in a separate thread.