They’re Just Saws
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK did a rebuild.
Starter from 3rd pull again...
I adjustet needles all way in and 1 1/2 turn back, idles nicely, doesnt change rpm when i rotate it.
But simply doesnt want to four stroke, even going almost all way out.(H needle)
Crankshaft seals are new oem.
How high should be metering valve set?

Should main jet be two-way?
I can blow and suck through it, i know that some are single way?
Im sure that its something with carb, it doesnt leak, and four strokes when i flood it with choke.
Set the needle lever flush with the carb body and try it again. I assume you’ve given the carb a thorough cleaning?

what color is the coil? Should be black

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, ill give it another shot.
Tank vent is just a hole in carb holder that vent pipe connects to, holds no pressure, should it be like that? On my other saw vent holds a bit of a pressure but not too much.
It doesnt build up any pressure in tank.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
SHould it run with H screw all the way in (while given throttle) ?! I dont remember my other saw doing so.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
SHould it run with H screw all the way in (while given throttle) ?! I dont remember my other saw doing so.
No it should bog when giving it WTFO throttle with the H screw all the way in.

What model carb is on your saw?

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Zama one,C3, EL 42 04A thats all what it says on it.
Should main jet hole be this big?!
On 372xp carb(chinese one) hole is much much smaller, half the size of this one.

91405190_881156065703797_6976013872188620800_n.jpg

Yes, coil is black, maybe i made a mistake with limiter, but i swear it felt identical when limiter steps in.

Anyway ill try tomorrow putting another carb on it, from chinese chainsaw (62cc) which works for sure and it seems to be bolt on bolt, only impulse line will be connected with tube.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems to be four stroking now without the load, sounds just like this
But im still confused why needle valves do not really work, idle valve doesnt change rpm until given throttle, High speed valve make a small difference until maybe 3 turns out and from there no effect until all the way out.
Is it possible that main jet is too small? Can anyone show me a pic of one (chainsaw wes used and serviced before, i dont know if anyone changed anything before me)
Since H valve stops making difference, this should be from not enough fuel be able to flow through, something is limiting it.

is you comparing your work to chainsaw asshat jimmy boy..:roto2lol:

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tree Monkey did a UTUBE for a HDA 199 carb. Low impulse issues are common on 359 carbs as they are problematic for having "Low Impulse" and the metering diaphragm gets restricted Hope ya get it figured out.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, yep it had black stiff diaphragm.
I decided to replace it with that meshy one like scott did, and after that it was running better and began to four stroke a bit, but im still banging my head why the hell needle valves do not work.

EDIT: I just found this, some guy posted this.
jets.jpg

How difficult is it to remove jet? Is it even possible (i meant reusable)? Can these jets be found on ebay? What are they listed by? I cant find any type of this jets nowhere.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never touched a Zama, hopefully someone with some experience will answer up.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
looks like i found the the f*ucking out.
I put an unmodified muffler back on it, and it four strokes like a damn tractor.
Too much airflow it seems. Needs a bigger nozzle ?!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
looks like i found the the f*ucking out.
I put an unmodified muffler back on it, and it four strokes like a damn tractor.
Too much airflow it seems. Needs a bigger nozzle ?!
Are your carb settings normal now or are they still needing to be adjusted way out?

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
False alert.
Anyway i replaced cylinder and muffler to a stock ones, will clean carb one more time and it should be fine i guess.

Yep, these nozzles seem fishy, as a guy said zama pretty much doesnt allow too much fuel adjusting on these carbs.
Both holes are almost same, main hole for metering is just a tiny bit smaller than additional one(screw valve).
And gas goes through main hole, then through second hole and around check valve...
I removed main jet and its true, took some pics, sorry for shaky hands and bad lighning.
I mangled jet a bit, firstly i wanted to remove it without damagining it but i lost patience and just said fck it, ill replace it anyway... But its possible to remove it without damage.

92240966_289607758689628_3333148419903455232_n.jpg 92031056_2867765869971341_7447243579233140736_n.jpg

Ill try to remove jet from another carb without damaging it, then drill aditional hole and see how it goes.
**I tried putting my finger over intake while revving it and as soon as i put my finger over and block 1/4 or even less of the intake hole, it begins to four stroke, which should mean that it doesnt suck false air.

And now HELP! Does anyone know where in the world i can get replacement jet nozzle?! Part number?! To search by which words?!

EDIT: It actally is pretty much normal that saw is able to rev with H screw all the way in because of this, main hole already allows "enough" gas to go through, and screw valve is just for minimal adjustments, thats why screw valves are not really that responsive...

Last edited:

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh pal where have you been earlier heh, thanks for the link!
Sweet, i literally spent hours searching, and not a single time was that discussion shown up...

Last edited:

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Managed to take out nozzle from chinese 372 carb, seems to fit (6mm) with 3d printed "pushers" and pliers.
Nozzle is a bit different, but i think it should work, has 2 holes instead of 1, and smaller main hole.
Will post update tomorrow if it works.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like its WOOORKING.
It now has pretty much full range of adjustment on the H side! From tractor to a bogger.
Oh boy, top end rebuild again, back with the ported one.
This nozzle seems to be a walbro style, but it works well. Will post pics tomorrow.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay, i guess its finished...Finally it runs as i want...
Pulls a chain with 1+mm depth (found an old chain hanging around) like a train!
Clutch slips sometimes a bit, but not a suprise because of chain, will replace it eventually..

Huge thanks to @XP_Slinger for being a pretty much 24/7 supp, always replied and helped!