Two heavily used abused? Huskies 359

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasnt even doubting about seals, definitely a replacement.
Im thinking to get a normal sealed or unsealed bearing, maybe SKF or slacker and remove plate or seal and put them in, that way im sure that i will put high quality bearings in, anyone done similar?
Bearings should be - 6202 ? Right?
Yes 6202 and Yes, I do that all the time. Just make sure the new bearings are a C3, means it’s for high rpm. It will be right in the part number

Last edited:

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes 6202 and Yes, I do that all the time. Just make sure the bearings is a C3, means it’s for high rpm. It will be right in the part number
Nice, thanks for the tip, didnt know that.

One more question, ring gap is around 0.014" / 0.35mm. ok or not?

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, very sorry, im quite new here so i somehow understood it as some kind of an insult, but yes, hehe i guess so!
By me saying "I am Envious" just doesn't have the Kick to it..:mad:
SO you deserve another YOU SUCK and an ATTA BOY reward.
:hanged:Hang in there you will figure us MIScreants out.
Nice score

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, i found a replacement needle bearing, 12 x 16 x 14 mm.
Will see if ill take crankshaft to my godfather with lathe or ill do it myself with sanding stone while chainsaw running (very precise machining :D), as crankshaft now is a tad over 12mm.
Anyone trimmed crankshaft yet?

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where do you guys check for parts compatibilty between chainsaw models?
Between which models is clutch drum for 359 compatible?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that sized bearing in any chainsaw by the way?
That size is in many saws. Typically, under 50cc is 6201, 50cc (ish) to 77cc is 6202, 80cc and up is usually 6203. These are rough generalities for all brands and there are exceptions such as the 572XP that has large bearings for its displacement using 6203’s. I’m sure there are plenty of other exceptions but I don’t know them all.

Tip...bearings can be had for 1/3 the cost on eBay vs buying from a dealer. In your case just search “6202 C3” and you’ll get lots of results. They are typically sealed but you simply remove the seal and presto. Be sure to stick with a reputable brand of bearing such as SKF, NKS or Nachis.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where do you guys check for parts compatibilty between chainsaw models?
Between which models is clutch drum for 359 compatible?
When I’m trying to cross reference between models I use the parts diagrams on partstree.com. Some guys are encyclopedias of this information but I’m not one of them...lol! Only downer is if you’re working on a Stihl you won’t find their products listed there, the mother ship keeps close hold of their IPB’s and you have to go to the dealer to get the info. But, there are plenty of stihl dealers on here that will help you out. OPE is a one stop shop for parts reference across all brands.

The 357XP uses same clutch assembly as the 359 and if I recall correctly the 346XP uses the same drum but different clutch. Someone smarter than me might chime in.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tried separating/opening this type of a muffler? Is it welded, pressed or what together? Possible to separate without cutting?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tried separating/opening this type of a muffler? Is it welded, pressed or what together? Possible to separate without cutting?
Gotta cut it to open it. To avoid that mess I put a new deflector on the clutch side behind the catalyst divider if it’s an EPA muffler.

Last edited:

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dangit! I like to do a complete work on it, but i guess putting deflector will work just as well.
Will do that then, cant wait to hear it ringing.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
By the way, i forgot to ask, would anyone be so kind and make me a scanned picture of crankcase gasket for 359, cant find them locally, and china is not shipping yet here.
Already made a few for honda gx clone and chinese chainsaws, worked pretty well, (eyeballed cut klingerit) but now i want to be precise, this thing deserves more.
Tried taking pics from ebay and amazon but pictures are not scaled properly and streched.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ill also try copying with marker or something, but would like to have printed copy so i could simply follow the lines.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
By the way, i forgot to ask, would anyone be so kind and make me a scanned picture of crankcase gasket for 359, cant find them locally, and china is not shipping yet here.
Already made a few for honda gx clone and chinese chainsaws, worked pretty well, (eyeballed cut klingerit) but now i want to be precise, this thing deserves more.
Tried taking pics from ebay and amazon but pictures are not scaled properly and streched.
I would if I had a gasket...sorry I’m of no help on that

Could put a very thing film of grease on the case half and then press to gasket paper for the pattern. Or use your mixed fuel, the oil in the gas leaves a little bit better stain on the gasket.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like to use mix oil here too. The smallest amount will do.

I'll be getting some infected items soon. I'm not worried about it frankly, but it's weird.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you

do you have a picture you can post?

I put this one on my father in-laws 359. Catalyst divider is just a little behind the muffler seam iirc. Don’t just slap it on there, as you can see you have to watch out for clearance on the side of the crankcase.

A01E0E97-3FBC-44FF-9AA0-7D2336E9C4AA.jpeg