Turbomill Chainsaw powered swing mill

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wouldn't it be just as simple to pop the clutch off and remove the oil drive gear. I'm guessing most guy do that ever once in a while to do extra cleaning anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would be my suggestion.
However, wouldn't that leave the seal kinda exposed? I'm thinkin 1128 series though so I could be wrong

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
A person could ruin a drive and just melt the teeth off the drive if that was a concern so just the sleeve would be in place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Been looking at these a lot lately aswell. Pretty sure the are a purely kiwi invention, not Aussie.

Have never seen one in person though. Lucas and Peterson seem to be only ones around here.

I didn't think the budget model that runs the chainsaw power head could cut to the dimensions you stated.

Must confess though, will probably be a Peterson for me unless I build a clone of the log locust for giggles :)

Those warrior mills look really nice though... Should have put this in the milling forum... ;)

d'oh, i realised after I'd posted it and couldn't quite figure out how to move it!

The budget model is only a 6" cut, however they build the 8" cut chainsaw powered model to order on request, so long as you have a big ol' saw to run it like some people on this forum do ;)

I'll get some more pictures up when it comes.

It'd be interesting to see how the 090 would like it being a big old slow revving thumper

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
d'oh, i realised after I'd posted it and couldn't quite figure out how to move it!

The budget model is only a 6" cut, however they build the 8" cut chainsaw powered model to order on request, so long as you have a big ol' saw to run it like some people on this forum do ;)

I'll get some more pictures up when it comes.

It'd be interesting to see how the 090 would like it being a big old slow revving thumper

From what I know, the 090 was the recommended saw for the Peterson log locust.

That's good info on the larger version. Makes it's a very interesting possibility.