Tree Monkey MS462 - PART 2

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The only huskie strato saw that uses a single butterfly is the X-Torq if I recall correctly

Ahh. Ok.
Only saw I ever touched that had the twin plates was a Husky 435? Maybe. It was a small homeowner type saw.
I was just thinking if there were 2 plates, how changing the timing of them opening in relation to each other would affect running.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
4:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing that I still can’t get my head around...
With a single butterfly carb feed to the intake boot that splits to the strato and intake, how are the stratos just getting fresh air when it all flows through the carbs Venturi?
There's a divider in the carb that separates the top and bottom half

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With saws they say designed to run on 50:1 at 32:1 aren’t you getting the same amount of oil to the bottom end with gutted boot as you would running 50:1 like 98% of the world does on their saws?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes

you can ask or question any thing you want, we're hear to learn right
Dood, Ive racked your brain in person. You think I wont hesitate online?

So... back to the carb. The volume of air (thinking of the divided strato carb) passing the jets really has no bearing on the amount of fuel delievered?

Edit: volume compared to an open venturi.

Last edited:

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So... back to the carb. The volume of air (thinking of the divided strato carb) passing the jets really has no bearing on the amount of fuel delievered?

the speed of the air has more to do with fuel delivery then volume.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
there are a lot of changes that we haven't done to the saw yet, I will test the gutted boot again later in the build.
Glad to hear this. Ya never know how all the mods will play together in the end. Could end or confirm all the speculation about gutted vs non-gutted strato pathways. Popcorn time!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to hear this. Ya never know how all the mods will play together in the end. Could end or confirm all the speculation about gutted vs non-gutted strato pathways. Popcorn time!
It's interesting seeing how other guys do things. Each has his own methods of what works for him. And what works for one, often doesn't work for another

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Edit: volume compared to an open venturi.

simple test

take a cup of water, stick a straw in it, blow air across it at a slight upward angle with a blow gun. time how long it takes to empty the cup. do this again with a larger or smaller straw. then use your leaf blower.