The Official OPE Purse Swinging Thread

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so if I ran a husky or echo and made a video and ran a dull chain and said it was the fair comparison it would be ok because it was a brand you like ?

Absolutely not, you're totally right, a more aggressive chain (or a longer bar) will probably make the 500i shine over the Echo.

But if you compare Mitch to Jason, that's not right. Mitch could be biased of course, I don't know, but Jmssaws is in another category.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't paying attention to whether the chain was dull, I just noticed the rpmm kinda high on the 500i, and was hoping to the how he ran the 7310 after it, but that video wasn't part of it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mitch is a straight shooter, always has been! If you're calling him out on having a bad chain, you have never cut that type of wood, doesn't matter how it's set up, you will get a lot of dust.
what kind of wood was it looked like maple to me
And who made you the worlds expert on wood?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely not, you're totally right, a more aggressive chain (or a longer bar) will probably make the 500i shine over the Echo.

But if you compare Mitch to Jason, that's not right. Mitch could be biased of course, I don't know, but Jmssaws is in another category.

Could be possible, but I have doubts. The 500i is so good out of the box not as much will be left on the table, the 7310 on the other hand has nowhere to go but up, anything you do will likely make it run better.[emoji111]

May I ask if you've cut dead Ash that's been standing for 2 years? It has nothing for moisture content, it's tough to cut and makes tons of dust. This is how I found out the filter on the 7310 is top of the line, right with the 462. Ash has been nearly all I've cut the past six or more years now, the largest trees on my property are gone, the damned ash tree borer!

Last edited:

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be possible, but I have doubts. The 500i is so good out of the box not as much will be left on the table, the 7310 on the other hand has nowhere to go but up, anything you do will likely make it run better.[emoji111]

May a as if you've cut dead Ash that's been standing for 2 years? It has nothing for moisture content, it's tough to cut and makes tons of dust. This is how I found out the filter on the 7310 is top of the line, right with the 462. Ash has been nearly all I've cut the past six or more years now, the largest trees on my property are gone, the damned ash tree borer!

I agree with almost everything you said, except about what's left on the table with the 500i. When I use one vs a 462 or a 572, I'm not impressed at all, especially for a 80cc saw.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

May a as if you've cut dead Ash that's been standing for 2 years? It has nothing for moisture content, it's tough to cut and makes tons of dust. This is how I found out the filter on the 7310 is top of the line, right with the 462. Ash has been nearly all I've cut the past six or more years now, the largest trees on my property are gone, the damned ash tree borer!
I have cut standing dead ash and locust that was dead for 20 years and a sharp chain didn’t produce dust

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with almost everything you said, except about what's left on the table with the 500i. When I use one vs a 462 or a 572, I'm not impressed at all, especially for a 80cc saw.
Good deal. IMHO In hardwood the 500i is well ahead of the 462, much flatter power band, not to take anything away from the 462.[emoji111]

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have cut standing dead ash and locust that was dead for 20 years and a sharp chain didn’t produce dust
Well aren't you special, you must know some magic that I don't, as that's what it would take. Yes you pull chips, but it's mixed in with a ton of dust. [emoji42]

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so if I ran a husky or echo and made a video and ran a dull chain and said it was the fair comparison it would be ok because it was a brand you like ?

Gfy and siiydsa
I see your reading comprehension is lacking as well. Keep shining this light on yourself.

Last edited:

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is this saw priced in the USA? I can get one for 1050-1100€.

Today, I bought a new 572xp with a "20 bar and 4 chain loops (c85). €980 delivered to the my door.

Even a 462 is cheaper than the Echo, here...

Based on this post they look to be worth about 3 rotten bananas & a clamshell tophandle.

Sub $800 American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thing to remember with Echo (as with almost all Japanese-designed internal combustion engines) is that they're primarily designed to make
peak power at a lower RPM range. All of the older Echo and Shindaiwa saws are representative of this. I figured even new designs (like the 7310)
will probably carry this tradition forward somewhat. This latest design seems to be much more user friendly.

Looks like not as much sharp plastic too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro