Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just realized it covered the depth. 24" is where you want to be. I assume type UF.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Logan, he can do as he pleases. I just wanted you to know what code says. As long as the wire never pushes up out of the ground from frost heaves, it will never make a difference. All good.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The pump in the well could just be 120v and less than 10 amps.

I bought a new pump for my well that's 120v 8.5 amps if I remeber correctly. It's made by Grundfos. They claim you can run it off an 1100 watt inverter. This is a soft start pump, no surge on start up.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure you need to be deeper than that. Especially in 'sconsin. @full chizel and others can tell you how deep.

It is power wire and electricity flows below freezing.....water does not. Yes a frost heave could affect it a bit but highly doubtful to expose it. Yes if it is direct burial then UF is the only way to go. I still use conduit with UF for burial. That way is someone digs there in the future they will hit the conduit first

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
7:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some free scrap from my parents, grandparents, and neighbor. Made 2 trips to the scrapyard. Easy money. Unfortunately the machine that was unloading me the one time ripped the wiring for the temporary trailer lights.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spending a few days at my grandmas farm in Merrill so I can work on some of my projects. Last night I burned tons of garbage at our old house and talked to the neighbor there for a few hours. Hoping to get my race mower running and driving in the next couple days, I hope I can find time to clean the carburetor on my ATV, hopefully also fix my trailer.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not bad at all. I drive about on hour one way for work.
Exactly!

The kiddo will get it someday. While in college I drove 2 hours each way several times a week. When I was teaching many nights after school I had to run 2-3 hours each way to a meeting. Then I drove an hour each way to and from work daily for years. .

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Helped mill lots of wood we harvested today for my dad's shed build. We have a WoodMizer lt15.
I'm looking to get a job up north here soon. My idea is since I don't have any of my mowers and stuff up here I might as well work my ass off this winter in between school so I have lots of money for all my projects back down south at the farm next summer. Also want to buy a 50ish hp tractor and finish restoring my IH Cub Cadet 70 later on next year.