MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding that bow bar McCulloch Larry Steiner has one .Some place I've got a picture of myself and John Lambert (RIP )making some cuts with it . This saw BTW is not one you use to trim the apple tree in the back yard .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hjave no idea as to when I'll get to use the 125 again.
That can be a problem finding a large enough tree to warrant using a large displacement saw .I've got 5 saws over 100 cc including two Mac 125's .One of those is the one I over bored and made a cast iron sleeve for and that by now has to be 10-15 years ago .I have not put enough hours on it to even seat the piston rings .At that rate it will out last me .

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went out yesterday to get more of that big 'ol oak tree.I got there around 2:00 & was home with the load before 5:00.The logs are getting progressively bigger as I work towards the main stem.I had to carry the logs out about 40 ft.to load them onto my trailer.Needless to say my butt was gragging towards the end.Now I need to split them.If I remember I'll get a pic of the load before I start splitting.I almost didn't make it out of the lot because the farmer tilled the field & planted it & it was an uphill climb.