MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since Mark is making me go to the GTG, lol , I better get some kart saws running! View attachment 420897all fired up and running now, the red white and blue one hasn’t made a cut yet so it may need a few things! That one has a ported cage, and it makes tuning a little bit more finicky I think!
Now that’s some eye candy, Lol 👍

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New to me super 6-10a. I was attempting a 038mag paired with a 797 for some remote work but this crossed my path. If this is a good runner I think I’ll drop the stihl build and move on. Swear this yellow is gone to my head. Worse than tattoos. Very intimidating saw. I have seen a few 6-10 specific conversations but not a lot. Gave a little oil in cylinder, will let marinate overnight and see what it does tomorrow after work. Hopefully picks up with out missing a step.
Think you will like that one. I really like my 7-10A.

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would have loved to hear that rumble like Dream’s Not to be today unfortunately. Got no spark. Very happy none the less. Draws fuel to the cylinder, manual oiler working and no fuel or oil leaks Would like to put electronic ignition. Could also have better compression but will attempt to turn over and check performance first before deciding tear down. 16 “ bar was in great shape but chain was frozen. Are the larger wrap handles I’ve seen for the 6-10 specific or general 10-10 specific

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 3

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would have loved to hear that rumble like Dream’s Not to be today unfortunately. Got no spark. Very happy none the less. Draws fuel to the cylinder, manual oiler working and no fuel or oil leaks Would like to put electronic ignition. Could also have better compression but will attempt to turn over and check performance first before deciding tear down. 16 “ bar was in great shape but chain was frozen. Are the larger wrap handles I’ve seen for the 6-10 specific or general 10-10 specific

Bet just the points are dirty. Clean them up and set .018-.020".

The wraps Mark had manufactured will fit your RHS just fine.

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bet just the points are dirty. Clean them up and set .018-.020".

The wraps Mark had manufactured will fit your RHS just fine.
Yes will look , cold up here had to call it for outdoor play. Attempted but stuck fast so left it with p+b on it. Just think might be easier to have a few chip system on hand.
Watched bell hopper on cleaning up points on a 10-10, assuming the same or very similar on 6-10.

Last edited:

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer points myself. The chips work well with some saws but finding the right location (away from heat and away from the coil) can be a problem.

The 5-10, 6-10, and perhaps some of the Super 2-10 etc. had the taller fuel tanks and so a different 1/2 or full wrap handle bar.

I have a few option in the attic including some steel full wrap handle bars that I had made.

20200702_204247.jpg

Mark

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer points myself. The chips work well with some saws but finding the right location (away from heat and away from the coil) can be a problem.

The 5-10, 6-10, and perhaps some of the Super 2-10 etc. had the taller fuel tanks and so a different 1/2 or full wrap handle bar.

I have a few option in the attic including some steel full wrap handle bars that I had made.

View attachment 421061

Mark
That’s the ticket.
Have the clutch and flywheel nuts off but both stuck fast. Is there a puller for clutch. Have clutch and flywheel in pb .The saw feels like it should roll naturally in the hand and it has some weight.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds darn good, Nathan
Thanks, still getting her dialed in! I ported the intake manifold to the max, and I think it’s creating a little bit of a starting issue, it’s not real bad, but it’s not as nice as my stock manifold saw, but it does seem slightly better with the ported manifold and gem muffler, might do some test cuts after I break it in a little bit more, and throw on my epoxy up intake manifold, I guess you don’t know till you try stuff

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, still getting her dialed in! I ported the intake manifold to the max, and I think it’s creating a little bit of a starting issue, it’s not real bad, but it’s not as nice as my stock manifold saw, but it does seem slightly better with the ported manifold and gem muffler, might do some test cuts after I break it in a little bit more, and throw on my epoxy up intake manifold, I guess you don’t know till you try stuff
Yup , got that right 👍

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan - some would say that my priorities are out of order, but I get to do mostly what I want to do...

I did not realize until I was about 80% reassembled that the saw had been missing one shroud all along. If anyone has a 24635 cylinder shroud laying around, please let me know.

20240530_114315.jpg

20240530_114631.jpg

The saw actually starts very easily, seems to accelerate and idle just fine. I had to readjust the high speed screw range to get it in a suitable operating mix but everything seems to be good. Manual oiler only and the oiler works as it should.

Now, if I can get the chain touched up a bit I should be able to make a cut or two in Oregon.

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 940 tank gaskets were just because I could...I don't even have a 940 around (yet).

The pulse pump spacer plates are fine.

Looking over a couple of 7-55 saws I have on hand, it appears they use the same shrouds that I am missing from the 99 so I will see about that on Monday. We did start taking apart the bucking bow from of the the 7-55's in order to give it a good cleaning and going over. Chain is currently soaking in Evaporust. Just ignore the little red saw in the foreground....

20240601_102252.jpg

...and all those other saws on the table, most of them are gone now anyway...

20240502_160646.jpg

Mark