heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found these on eBay, neat old pieces of literature.

Attachments

• McCulloch Brush Cutter.pdf
    346 KB · Views: 6
  • McCulloch Earth Auger All-Purpose Drill.pdf
    382.3 KB · Views: 3
  • McCulloch Pintail Chain.pdf
    351.2 KB · Views: 3
  • McCulloch Chain Accessories.pdf
    348.6 KB · Views: 4
  • McCulloch Oils.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back about 6 months ago I was looking for either a good PM55 cylinder,or a PM55 parts saw that was reasonably priced.I just bought a used cylinder that seems to be in good condition.I also have seen PM55 saws coming up like crazy on feebay.

I was out cutting with my first PM55 last week & it started making a dinging sound when I'd pull it over.From a previous experience I had with a RH 10-10 I found the noise was an indicator that the flywheel nut was loose.I pulled the saw apart on Sun.to find the FW nut was almost completely off the crank.I've never had the FW off & I ran that saw extensively last yr.& never had a problem.What would cause the nut to come loose that quickly?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Un
Back about 6 months ago I was looking for either a good PM55 cylinder,or a PM55 parts saw that was reasonably priced.I just bought a used cylinder that seems to be in good condition.I also have seen PM55 saws coming up like crazy on feebay.

I was out cutting with my first PM55 last week & it started making a dinging sound when I'd pull it over.From a previous experience I had with a RH 10-10 I found the noise was an indicator that the flywheel nut was loose.I pulled the saw apart on Sun.to find the FW nut was almost completely off the crank.I've never had the FW off & I ran that saw extensively last yr.& never had a problem.What would cause the nut to come loose that quickly?

Under torqued or a major harmonics!

Vinnywv

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

it appears a tiny dutchman.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now that I've got my 10-10A running fairly decent there are a couple of more fixes that need to completed to be field ready.

1) First is the fuel tank seal. This saw has slight seepage along the carb pocket side. For long lasting performance, is there a preference to using the viton/rubber seals or the cork? Is a sealant suggested with a new tank gasket?

2) There is also more oil coming from the oil tank breather hole with the cotter key than I would like. What are some improvements that could be incorporated? One idea was to try a duckbill breather, is there one that is known to work OK?

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Viton tank gaskets are an excellent solution and no sealer is needed.

Try adding a felt washer to the cotter pin, even a felt washer with a steel washer to back it up, inside the tank.

Mark