MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On several occasions in the past I've seen the seller ,by using different user names attempt to raise the very item they were attempting to sell .I once saw a Mac 1000 go to three different buyers in three weeks .I asked what the minimum bid was which the first seller would not give .I knew then what the game was . It seems these days they are going nuts .Like a Mac 700 that doesn't run for $500 .I just shake my head .

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ted's BP-1 sold last week for $1,335 or thereabouts with an extra bar, two extra AR8 chains, documentation, and other extras...I'd say someone got a pretty good deal on that saw. Customchainsawparts sold one a week or two earlier that went for $1,800, was not as nice, and did not have the extras.

Mark

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up 3 free saws today. Guy asked me before pitching them. I said sure id take them and we dont throw away saws...lol. mini mac 1, poulan 25xx lime green and this little fart.
View attachment 333432 View attachment 333433

That L.M. Cox saw is awesome! Called the Beaver. Those are neat as they are a tiny gear drive saw. The left hand bar and pistol grip is unique too. They also span two niche markets. The chainsaw guys and the Cox model airplane guys. I bet @Al Smith had a few .049s through the years! I know I have!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I did as a matter of fact ..I crashed a few too .Since you mentioned it I bought my grandson a radio controlled 4 rotor drone .Yep he crashed it too but he got pretty good at it eventually .That kid is a mechanical savant .He explained to me how a hospital bed worked when he was three .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That Cox I had a guy call me up in Ohio and tried to sell me one .He only wanted $300 for it .I tried to explain to him I really had no interest in it at any price .

Vinnywv

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to go back in to work this evening so i didnt get to mess with it much. Maybe tomorrow when i get home. Its very lightweight. Cool design. Ive seen one before but never held one in my hands. Ill keep ya posted on it as i go.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to go back in to work this evening so i didnt get to mess with it much. Maybe tomorrow when i get home. Its very lightweight. Cool design. Ive seen one before but never held one in my hands. Ill keep ya posted on it as i go.
I'll betcha didn't know I have a Cox chainsaw too! I got it from Bob J.almost 2 yrs.ago.He gave it to me & I was going to give it to a "friend",but he didn't turn out to be such a good friend after all. My little guy will run on a prime,I've never fiddled with it any more than that.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I changed out a carb on a 610 today & now it runs like it should.I didn't have a good Walbro to put on,just Zama for Zama.I might run the other Zama through the ultrasound about 10 times with Seafoam to see if it'll make a difference.
I also put a new choke rod grommet in the saw that I put a new switch in yesterday,what a giant PITA!Even with the choke rod well lubed with oil it still fought me tooth & nail.That was definitely one of Mac's poorest set ups for a choke assembly I've ever seen.So far that's the 3rd grommet I've replaced.Two of them were aftermarket grommets I got from Mark H.& one was an original OEM grommet that was just out of the hole.The OEM grommet was by far the most difficult to put back in.
Then I got a new bar this a.m.by UPS,& new chains & files in the p.m.by UPS again.You'd think UPS would want to keep their costs down by consolidating deliveries,especially with the cost of fuel now. Maybe there's a law that prevents them from delivering bars & chains together.
I need some input on some files I bought.Previously I only used Pferd files,but due to being cost prohibitive I bought some Jaguar files,never used Jaguiar files before.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The never ending saga on the 610s continues.Yesterday I put a bar & chain on one of the 610s that I got going last month & it acted kinda funny,then just quit running.I tried a different fuel filter today & got nowhere,so I pulled the carb.I don't know how it got past me,but there was no inlet screen in it.Not onl;y that,the well for where the screen is supposed to be was half full of dirt.I put a Zama carb on & had some issues with it.Come to find out I put a plug in the saw that wasn't hot enough,then I put a used Champion DJ8 in it & that crapped out on me.Finally I had a new Prestolite laying there & I put that in.The saw fired up on the first puill.Now I need to take the recoil off & lube the pawls & see why the rope won't retract like it's supposed to_One more 610 to put a bar & chain on,but it needs an oil rod.I've been looking on Feebay,but they're just too dang pricey there.I've got one ordered from Bob J.,but I might have to wait till the 2nd coming before I get that order filled.
I started cleaning up the 650 parts a little bit today.Getting ready to start assembling the saw! I found a couple parts on my porch from a couple yrs.ago when I was working on saws there.One was a broken throttle handle.I thought of just throwing the whole thing in the trash,but then I noticed it had a needle grommet in the carb box.Just what I needed for my last 610!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone tell me what bar mount pattern to look for when searching for a SP81 bar?

I think Oregon D176 is one of the more popular mounts. According to a very knowledgeable member, Windsor "UXL" will also fit.

I think the Husqvarna K095 works but you have to modify the tensioner holes.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't rattle off bar codes like some so I'll just say some Husqvarna bars will fit and some won't .However with some creativity it's possible to adapt a lot of bars such as Stihl mounts which are easy to find .