MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BBR has been known to apply similar redneckery on the 10 series using brake/hydraulic line. Simple and evidently effective.

Completely forgot that my PM8200 had a large frame bar on it with coil springs for spacers. Another cheap and effective solution.

Bar Stud Spacers.jpg

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening everyone.
Got some more parts and pieces.
Went to see my dad today.
We were digging around in the barn for a leaf blower gutter attachment, and I ran across a box with most of a 1010A in it.
1223201915.jpg

Brought this one home too.
1010 Super that got bashed by a big Elm that glanced off another tree and rolled off the stump.
It has a replacement cylinder, so I'll save what I can.
1223201916_HDR.jpg

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening everyone.
Got some more parts and pieces.
Went to see my dad today.
We were digging around in the barn for a leaf blower gutter attachment, and I ran across a box with most of a 1010A in it.
View attachment 273761

Brought this one home too.
1010 Super that got bashed by a big Elm that glanced off another tree and rolled off the stump.
It has a replacement cylinder, so I'll save what I can.
View attachment 273762

Looks like you got some good projects there.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm I've got a 1010,actually several just like that in pieces .As a matter of fact I even have set of 1/4" S and K sockets in a green box exactly like that .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More on the bar thing .You can buy the adaptors or you can make them . I have a little machine shop so I would use the later option .If you are creative ,Kevin aka "cut for fun " made some from square nuts using a grinder and a couple of files that worked great .It's not what you use it's do they work .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like you got some good projects there.
Id say more like replacement parts at this point. The 1010A looks like it either broke a ring or ate something. Little damage on the intake side of the piston. Havent cleaned the cylinder up yet, but it looks like it may have some wear too.
The 1010S looks to have a good piston and cylinder, I just have to tear it the rest of the way down to get the dirt dauber nest off the top of the piston. Spark plug was left out.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as scuff on the intake side of the piston that's not unusual .Those things had pizz poor air filters .
I've got a 700 that was dumpster find a guy gave to me. Stuck tighter than a bulls butt in fly time .Took about a week of wd-40 then Kroil to get it free .Repaired the recoil and it runs like a top and never have done another thing to it .Some times you get lucky .

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a local fellow that has an excavation/demolition business and is now getting more involved with tree removals using chainsaws...most of his tree removal work previously was done with bulldozers or excavators. He brought in a Stihl 011 that lost the reed at full throttle and a PM610 that had most of the screws stripped or broken off late in the summer, I was able to get both of those going again. Since then he has been buying up saws to add to his arsenal and now has three PM610's a couple of 190 Stihl's, 391 Stihl, Homelite Super 2, Mini Mac 110, Stihl o75, SP81 (from me), and a Stihl 881 project underway. Today he stopped by with his latest mostly McCulloch haul; 4-30, Super 44A (nice shape), 740, Super 797, DE80, 10-10 in a box, and an Echo frozen in a storage tote. The DE80 looked to be quite nice except for stinky gas, the Super 797 needed a starter, 740 needed a flywheel cover. Oh yeah, there was a 35A and Super 33 in the bunch as well. That should keep him busy for a while.

Last Saturday I hired him to help with a couple of trees that were blocking the view in front of the church I attend. The chipper had a blowout on the way and his truck didn't notice...when he stopped for fuel he discovered the carnage...fortunately for him he stopped for fuel at Mills Fleet Farm and was able to get a wheel and tire on the spot.

I am still working on getting parts identified, counted, and put away in the new building so I've not been doing a lot of saw work recently.

Mark

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a local fellow that has an excavation/demolition business and is now getting more involved with tree removals using chainsaws...most of his tree removal work previously was done with bulldozers or excavators. He brought in a Stihl 011 that lost the reed at full throttle and a PM610 that had most of the screws stripped or broken off late in the summer, I was able to get both of those going again. Since then he has been buying up saws to add to his arsenal and now has three PM610's a couple of 190 Stihl's, 391 Stihl, Homelite Super 2, Mini Mac 110, Stihl o75, SP81 (from me), and a Stihl 881 project underway. Today he stopped by with his latest mostly McCulloch haul; 4-30, Super 44A (nice shape), 740, Super 797, DE80, 10-10 in a box, and an Echo frozen in a storage tote. The DE80 looked to be quite nice except for stinky gas, the Super 797 needed a starter, 740 needed a flywheel cover. Oh yeah, there was a 35A and Super 33 in the bunch as well. That should keep him busy for a while.

Last Saturday I hired him to help with a couple of trees that were blocking the view in front of the church I attend. The chipper had a blowout on the way and his truck didn't notice...when he stopped for fuel he discovered the carnage...fortunately for him he stopped for fuel at Mills Fleet Farm and was able to get a wheel and tire on the spot.

I am still working on getting parts identified, counted, and put away in the new building so I've not been doing a lot of saw work recently.

Mark

Sounds like he's got a need and the bug! Thats alot of saws in a hurry, those 82cc macs are probably gonna become his favorite.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like he's got a need and the bug! Thats alot of saws in a hurry, those 82cc macs are probably gonna become his favorite.
Looks like I'll be in your neigborhood next Monday.
Didnt you say you were from the Taylors area?