The Official Farming Thread...

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put six wagons of small bales inside today, with another 3 guys which ain’t too bad. Two wagons went straight to a nearby horsefarm so I’ll never have to touch those again.
04909A81-3248-4F38-BE0B-970E8B05098E.jpeg
This is one of my favorite fields to mow, the field on the left there has the best view in the county. Just have to go slow and remember where the potholes are.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put six wagons of small bales inside today, with another 3 guys which ain’t too bad. Two wagons went straight to a nearby horsefarm so I’ll never have to touch those again.
View attachment 341107
This is one of my favorite fields to mow, the field on the left there has the best view in the county. Just have to go slow and remember where the potholes are.

The happiest day of my grandson's life was the day I sold our square baler.

Beautiful country there.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, we’re just 15 minutes from the Appalachian trail and about 30 minutes from the Delaware River. Just don’t tell anyone it’s in NJ.

I'm in the second poorest county in Tennessee. Meth is a huge issue here. Poor folks who's grandfathers once made moonshine all wanna try to cook meth it seems. Aside from all that......I love it here.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm in the second poorest county in Tennessee. Meth is a huge issue here. Poor folks who's grandfathers once made moonshine all wanna try to cook meth it seems. Aside from all that......I love it here.
That’s a real shame, meth never got a hold around here but opiates sure did. A lot of kids I graduated with ended up hooked. Seems less prevalent these days so hopefully that’s the case.
There’s a lot of annoying New Jersey stuff to deal with but otherwise it’s a nice country out here. The gas station attendants don’t even mind when I pump my own gas haha

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a real shame, meth never got a hold around here but opiates sure did. A lot of kids I graduated with ended up hooked. Seems less prevalent these days so hopefully that’s the case.
There’s a lot of annoying New Jersey stuff to deal with but otherwise it’s a nice country out here. The gas station attendants don’t even mind when I pump my own gas haha
Around here it’s heroin mostly but the odd meth head tweaking out. Meth heads are worse theirfs I reckon as they’re very stimulated

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pain pills were a bad problem here a few years ago. Tennessee finally wised up and made it tougher for doctors to give em out.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any Farmall Model M fan’s here? My Dad just bought one he saw on the side of Rt 222. He told me his dad had 50 dairy cows and ran their whole farm with one M. I have no reason to doubt that but I’m wondering if anyone has some tips or tricks. I’ll get pictures tomorrow, but it looks solid. It’s gonna get a paint job next winter since it’s not original paint. We needed another tractor for pulling wagons around so I’m excited to play around with it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any Farmall Model M fan’s here? My Dad just bought one he saw on the side of Rt 222. He told me his dad had 50 dairy cows and ran their whole farm with one M. I have no reason to doubt that but I’m wondering if anyone has some tips or tricks. I’ll get pictures tomorrow, but it looks solid. It’s gonna get a paint job next winter since it’s not original paint. We needed another tractor for pulling wagons around so I’m excited to play around with it.
Bulletproof. Go over the wiring. If you play with the carburetor to get it just right they just seem to keep going Neighbors had 2. Loved em. I’ve got an old a that just doesn’t get used enough. Pretty confident I can go over the wires and rebuild carb. Likely still crank it up with a few pulls

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think the M is a beautiful machine.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A full barn is a happy barn.

View attachment 341085
Just started moving some of mine inside.

Just curious. Any reason the you stack your bottom bake that way? I’m guessing it just to make the best of your space but I’m not a hay guy. So I really don’t know. I know the old timers used to put the bottom row of hay on its side. I figured that was due to the old string we used to use. The kind that actually rotted up.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just started moving some of mine inside.

Just curious. Any reason the you stack your bottom bake that way? I’m guessing it just to make the best of your space but I’m not a hay guy. So I really don’t know. I know the old timers used to put the bottom row of hay on its side. I figured that was due to the old string we used to use. The kind that actually rotted up.

To keep the string from rotting, and the bales from smashing down. I roll it out, and it works better if the bales are in good shape.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just finished first cutting last evening. Mow with a new idea 5209, rake with new Holland 258 and farm king rotary, bale with a 328 and rebel round. Tractor 4020 I rebuilt diesel is one I use. Other is 2030, I put new clutch in. Best day to me is when it's over, clean and put equipment away. Not mine, just helping a good friend. Horses are a fools game.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just finished first cutting last evening. Mow with a new idea 5209, rake with new Holland 258 and farm king rotary, bale with a 328 and rebel round. Tractor 4020 I rebuilt diesel is one I use. Other is 2030, I put new clutch in. Best day to me is when it's over, clean and put equipment away. Not mine, just helping a good friend. Horses are a fools game.

Sometimes I think cows are too.