The Official Farming Thread...

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
nope it’s just I don’t give a *f-word
You thinking young kids should be making a wage they don’t have enough experience or knowledge is ignorant
Life experience and knowledge is more of what makes the difference between McDonald’s pay and a job that you can afford to live on
Kind of bold to claim you know what I do in my time and my life, and then claim to not give a *f-word when I correct you. Sounds like some entitled disrespectful *B-S.... to me. I think anyone working full time should earn a fair wage that enables them to live. Not everyone has the luxury of living with mom and dad while they make poverty wages. You are entitled to your opinion, and me to mine, but don't try and act like you know me.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't really consider it that he has a "problem". But I see the same lack of "teachability" in a lot of the young men in my orbit.

He is quite good at holding a cell phone up to his face.
Some people make a lot of money holding cell phones in front of their faces, maybe he should be pushed in that direction if he is good at it. No sense trying to train a fish to climb trees. If the kid is honest and respectful he will find his place.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the kid is honest and respectful he will find his place.

And he is. I'm sure he will do ok. My entire point of using Austin as an example is to show that although young folks want to be paid a "fair wage", many times they think they can skip over the part where you need to actually learn how to do something that deserves more than a "starvation wage".

Personally, I started at the very bottom, and applied myself to the process of learning. My 8th grade education from a horrible school system wasn't gonna get my foot in the door.....so my abilities had to.

On the flip side of this.....

Did you know that a great many Fortune 500 companies are doing very poorly these days? A great many of these failing businesses were once thriving.....but the owners and or top executives install their family members into a high paying position within said business even though these people have absolutely no experience or skills. Many times the well qualified person that would do very well in that position is passed over for these slackers who have done nothing to deserve it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kind of bold to claim you know what I do in my time and my life, and then claim to not give a *f-word when I correct you. Sounds like some entitled disrespectful *B-S.... to me. I think anyone working full time should earn a fair wage that enables them to live. Not everyone has the luxury of living with mom and dad while they make poverty wages. You are entitled to your opinion, and me to mine, but don't try and act like you know me.
nope you was the one claiming entitlement
In the beginning you was crying about hay and straw prices but expect the farmers to pay their help for doing the back breaking work extremely well
To me saying everything that you have and pointing out military stuff doesn’t mean much to me
I have family that was military and friends that was also
I did the so called back breaking work and gained knowledge and skills to be where I am
As far as you running your cocksuck saying I live in my parents basement and *s-word relying on them to support me is completely *B-S....
I took care of my mom and paid for her stuff from the time I got out of school
So you may want to shut your cocksuck

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
nope you was the one claiming entitlement
In the beginning you was crying about hay and straw prices but expect the farmers to pay their help for doing the back breaking work extremely well
To me saying everything that you have and pointing out military stuff doesn’t mean much to me
I have family that was military and friends that was also
I did the so called back breaking work and gained knowledge and skills to be where I am
As far as you running your cocksuck saying I live in my parents basement and *s-word relying on them to support me is completely *B-S....
I took care of my mom and paid for her stuff from the time I got out of school
So you may want to shut your cocksuck
Where did I cry at baled straw and hay prices? I asked why they were increasing. I didn't say anything about you living in your basement. Where did I say anything about you besides don't make entitled *B-S.... assumptions about me? You say kids don't deserve a living wage, well that only makes sense if they are living at home. Elsewise how can they afford to live? If you know friends and family that are military, then you know that it's not easy and you do have to work hard. So why don't you do us all a favor and shut the *f-word up with your assumptions about me.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And he is. I'm sure he will do ok. My entire point of using Austin as an example is to show that although young folks want to be paid a "fair wage", many times they think they can skip over the part where you need to actually learn how to do something that deserves more than a "starvation wage".

Personally, I started at the very bottom, and applied myself to the process of learning. My 8th grade education from a horrible school system wasn't gonna get my foot in the door.....so my abilities had to.

On the flip side of this.....

Did you know that a great many Fortune 500 companies are doing very poorly these days? A great many of these failing businesses were once thriving.....but the owners and or top executives install their family members into a high paying position within said business even though these people have absolutely no experience or skills. Many times the well qualified person that would do very well in that position is passed over for these slackers who have done nothing to deserve it.

I'm sure he knows how to do a lot of things, just not the things needed in construction. I'm not saying everyone needs to be making a ton of money right off the bat, just enough to pay for a place to live and not worry about starving. In my retirement I work part time for a local non profit that required me to get a license. They started me at $13/hr, so that Mennonite gig isn't half bad for requiring nothing but an open mind and willingness to learn, but offering skilled labor pay. Seems that we actually agree pretty much across the board. 90% of us are underpaid, 9% of probably getting the correct compensation, and there's the 1% you mentioned.

When I was old enough to get a job, 14 in my case, I started bagging groceries for tips at the Commissary (military grocery store). After that I got on the summer hire program for more consistent pay when I was old enough. When we moved back to the states I got a job as soon as I got my license and worked until I joined the army at 17. I'm no stranger to hard work for crap wages, but I could also live with my parents at the time. The army worked me hard and broke my body, but they also compensated me well. Hard work is important and good for the soul, but a living wage is also a requirement.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where did I cry at baled straw and hay prices? I asked why they were increasing. I didn't say anything about you living in your basement. Where did I say anything about you besides don't make entitled *B-S.... assumptions about me? You say kids don't deserve a living wage, well that only makes sense if they are living at home. Elsewise how can they afford to live? If you know friends and family that are military, then you know that it's not easy and you do have to work hard. So why don't you do us all a favor and shut the *f-word up with your assumptions about me.
*f-word you Dallplucker
You saying young people should be paid big money without having a bit of knowledge experience and ability to do a job is completely ignorant
This living wage *B-S.... thing you are trying to push is just that
In my early years I worked 2 jobs over 70 hours a *f-wording week to be able to make a living
And I paid my bills and never complained
I did what I had to do to get what I wanted

I see these young kids and very few are worth even minimum wage

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
nope it’s just I don’t give a *f-word
You thinking young kids should be making a wage they don’t have enough experience or knowledge is ignorant
Life experience and knowledge is more of what makes the difference between McDonald’s pay and a job that you can afford to live on

I’ve had Levi working since he was about 9 or 10..

Now he’s 21 and a welder by trade. Granted, he’s good at that, but he’s always wanting to get the cart before the horse. Very impatient.. wants to hire on to a crew and make $50 per hour out the gate..

With time, and experience, comes competence..

Some kids I’ve met ain’t even worth $8 an hour..
And I refuse to pay someone a “living wage” to learn a trade.. some move up fast, some slow, others are just culls...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had Levi working since he was about 9 or 10..

Now he’s 21 and a welder by trade. Granted, he’s good at that, but he’s always wanting to get the cart before the horse. Very impatient.. wants to hire on to a crew and make $50 per hour out the gate..

With time, and experience, comes competence..

Some kids I’ve met ain’t even worth $8 an hour..
And I refuse to pay someone a “living wage” to learn a trade.. some move up fast, some slow, others are just culls...
but from what I’ve seen Levi has the ambition to succeed

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm having a hard time with the entitlement to a living wage.
If a person has no ambition or desire to put forth the effort, I don't understand why we owe him a living wage.
Part of the problem is, when you do that, you perpetuate the belief that you deserve something you haven't worked for.

If you always choose the path of least resistance, you get what's at the end of the road..........and it ain't going to be what you want.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a person has no ambition or desire to put forth the effort, I don't understand why we owe him a living wage.
Part of the problem is, when you do that, you perpetuate the belief that you deserve something you haven't worked for.

If you always choose the path of least resistance, you get what's at the end of the road..........and it ain't going to be what you want.

Somebody gotta take care of the weaklings that can't take care of themselves. Right?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thats why they live in the city in packs

City living ain't cheap. My brother told me that an average 2 bedroom apartment in LA is going for over 5000.00 a month. He's paying 12k a month for an apartment in Beverly Hills. Can you imagine how much you have to earn to survive there?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
City living ain't cheap. My brother told me that an average 2 bedroom apartment in LA is going for over 5000.00 a month. He's paying 12k a month for an apartment in Beverly Hills. Can you imagine how much you have to earn to survive there?
a living wage ? lol
seems like some want to live beyond their means lol

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Amen brother