The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You and I both know I’m not ‘good’ Brett, but that doesn’t mean we can’t try!
Your getting gooder Mike, good thing you don't have to worry about that part :D.
I've ready "continue to grow in these things, if you do...".

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked again and I believe there is a decomp...but once again it’s hard to see on my phone
Your phone didn't fail you nor your eyes on that part, I must have been thinking of another saw, I was wrong(again lol).

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning King.
Looks like he better get them listed in your neck of the woods :).
Yes I like a deal just like the next guy, and I price my stuff higher than most, but I try to fill a niche in the market with most of what I sell. It's hard for a new guy on the scene to get retail on something that has been torn down by them unless another new guy picks it up.
Worth is an interesting word.
Funny, I like the guys that say I'll have to talk to my girlfriend. I talk to a lot of people who have marriage problems, I can't believe that the percentage of guys who call on my ads communicate that well with their spices/girlfriends, yet the general public has so many problems o_O.
Does the guy with the rotted boards have any of the small corrugated steel roofing, I need a bunch more of it for the front of my woodshed, I really do lol.
When Brian get the ones he has listed sold maybe he will take them.

LOL. For sure, local markets also have an impact on the price. I sold a couple grungy (even after I cleaned them up) Stihl 261's and a Husky 550 locally for $300 PHO last year. There were other people trying to sell Stihl 250's and 270's for more. To me, a clean 036/360 is worth $100 more than that, so I think that would be in line, but we don't see a lot of 60 cc saws around here. (Loggers start at 70cc and up, homeowners run all clamshells).

I have a few sheets of corrugated steel roofing. Want to make a road trip? ;-)
2017-10-16 18.44.58.jpg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL. For sure, local markets also have an impact on the price. I sold a couple grungy (even after I cleaned them up) Stihl 261's and a Husky 550 locally for $300 PHO last year. There were other people trying to sell Stihl 250's and 270's for more. To me, a clean 036/360 is worth $100 more than that, so I think that would be in line, but we don't see a lot of 60 cc saws around here. (Loggers start at 70cc and up, homeowners run all clamshells).

I have a few sheets of corrugated steel roofing. Want to make a road trip? ;-)
View attachment 108246
They have a huge impact. Much of what I buy I just bring to a different market without doing anything else to it. I always say "you bring the product to the market, or the market to the product", the internet makes it a lot easier to bring a product to a market outside of your own.
I often see stihl farm ranch saws listed at crazy prices.
I sold a decent 360 with a 20" bar for 325 a couple months ago, an almost new 291 with a case for 325, and a 271 that was nearly new for 275 last fall. Here's a link to it as far as how I view condition, it was dirty in the pictures, but cleaned up fair, I sold it so I didn't have to clean the pine goo of it lol, it ran strong(last picture is a 24" bar using it for stumping some pines on a removal job to keep the huskys clean :)). https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ajh5o13DWttQ0zYe2
I do need some of that steel, but dang your 9hrs away. Do you ever go to the Toledo area. I was wanting it to be rusted, but I can fix that.

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s a few I found while searching different areas in Texas.
014b39edb2916586e3dd8bba854335bb.jpg
the standard go find a high price on eBay and find the gold sitting in your shed.
1f95a56e3e4d315eec806c26ab96ddf1.jpg
see @chipper1 these Stihls hold value. Even though you aren’t getting warranty or anything you should pay full retail. Granted it’s in good shape.
79f482f6ec09e90d5fe51d278058b7ed.jpg
this saw actually looks nice. Don’t know if the price is right or not but it’s cool looking.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They have a huge impact. Much of what I buy I just bring to a different market without doing anything else to it. I always say "you bring the product to the market, or the market to the product", the internet makes it a lot easier to bring a product to a market outside of your own.
I often see stihl farm ranch saws listed at crazy prices.
I sold a decent 360 with a 20" bar for 325 a couple months ago, an almost new 291 with a case for 325, and a 271 that was nearly new for 275 last fall. Here's a link to it as far as how I view condition, it was dirty in the pictures, but cleaned up fair, I sold it so I didn't have to clean the pine goo of it lol, it ran strong(last picture is a 24" bar using it for stumping some pines on a removal job to keep the huskys clean :)). https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ajh5o13DWttQ0zYe2
I do need some of that steel, but dang your 9hrs away. Do you ever go to the Toledo area. I was wanting it to be rusted, but I can fix that.

I don't really get west very often. Maybe Pittsburgh once a year or so, but that's it. Also, I don't think Mrs. Geek would be too keen on strapping some sheet steel to the roof of her Sienna.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hear your rational, but we shall see if your rational pays off(it might on eBay, but then you have fees, but their not selling there either ;).
I've had this same conversation with many guys, some listen and some don't. I'm okay with that because I know what has worked for me, not saying other things won't work for others, but selling here is very different than other market places.
I wouldn't buy any of them, because I'd find a cleaner one that was ported for less than yours, or a cleaner one not ported for even less. Another option would be to buy Coles saw as I know Brads work, but I don't know yours, and neither do any of the folks I'd be selling the saw to down the road(this is not a slam against your work).
Ask John about the 361 I sold him, way cleaner than yours, all factory parts and never been torn apart, and was sold to him for less after shipping than yours.
I get that you have a certain amount into them and that you have looked at other saws in the market to compare prices, but there comes a point when you've reached the top of the market in pricing and it's hard to recoup at that amount.
Lot's of people have money, I've sold 3 already this year, and only advertised one.
It's not about bragging Brian, the truth of it is many guys on here get way better deals than I do, and that's the crowd your selling to.

I'm trying to be helpful.
Blah blah blah blah. You dont even build or work on saws yourself. You then say no one knows my work lmao.no saws have been selling on here bottom line. People are recouping from xmas property taxes are coming up due and homeowners insurance. Its bad time to be sellung saws right now Id rather pay a few bucks in fees to ebay the give the damn things away or let someone i know talk me down tell me my prices are to high then to flip it for a profit. I will keep em first. I agree his is ported by a known builder the buildef and seller are great people but that builder quit building saws sev. Years ago my saws aint even had 1 tank since rebuild with new bearings seals rings pistons impulse lines caeb kits clutch springs and the list gos on and on My starters arnt cracked my mufflers arnt missing screws my wiring harnesses and altered. Like on other saws of same models as mine the saws havnt been spit and been rebuilt i dont have anything aftermarket on my saws but a clutch cover on 1 and a aftermarket bar oil plate., id by the fresher saw for same price to 175 less that looks better all day long. Anyone would in there right mind. In fact would i have had 3 of my personal saws portrd by 2 known porters on here and they said thy usually find something wrong when porting a saw and said my saws were perfect i only run 100 low lead. Av gas and amsoil at 40 to 1 and oem parts in anything i build with exception of a meteor piston and caber rings. Have nothing more to say with this conversation have a good day. Brian

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You say my saws arnt selling on ebay im glad you are trolling me i sold one on ebay as matter of fact my 660.and they havnt been up a week and got multiple people watching and over 800 looks on the remaining 3.its just a matter of time they will sell

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have nothing more to say with this conversation have a good day. Brian
Really. I'll be done after this post. I did have a great day, thanks :).
You say my saws arnt selling on ebay im glad you are trolling me i sold one on ebay as matter of fact my 660.and they havnt been up a week and got multiple people watching and over 800 looks on the remaining 3.its just a matter of time they will sell
Yes I'm trolling your pieced together saws, because that's what I'm always looking to buy.
Looks don't equate to sales, but if you want to put your faith in numbers you can, I choose not to though.
You will have to do what you have to do, but that doesn't mean I have to approve, or agree.
Oh I was just looking around in the TP and saw one or two saws that have sold, guess there are a few folks who don't celebrate Christmas, and live in apartments.

Last edited:

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Really. I'll be done after this post. I did have a great day, thanks :).

Yes I'm trolling your pieced together saws, because that's what I'm always looking to buy.
Looks don't equate to sales, but maybe if you want to put your faith in numbers you can, I choose not to though.
You will have to do what you have to do, but that doesn't mean I have to approve, or agree.
Oh I was just looking around in the TP and saw one or two saws that have sold, guess there are a few folks who don't celebrate Christmas, and live in apartments.
You are really something else guy. And you claim to be a christian and keep just trying to add insult to injury.when yesterday i qouted you in a friendly post to start with. Dont the bible tell you not to gossip judge and pick on others. I saw your last qoute on 026 that sold to me about the carb thing wich was a poke in the eye.and again the price was 50 less then a 60 cc saw so still in same price range.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are really something else guy. And you claim to be a christian and keep just trying to add insult to injury.when yesterday i qouted you in a friendly post to start with. Dont the bible tell you not to gossip judge and pick on others. I saw your last qoute on 026 that sold to me about the carb thing wich was a poke in the eye.and again the price was 50 less then a 60 cc saw so still in same price range.

Blah blah blah blah. You dont even build or work on saws yourself.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IM gonna stick with Chipper here. From the looks of it @Cracker Boy, you do not take constructive criticism well. In no way was he bashing you, or bashing your product. He always seem to call it as he sees it.
Yes, you do have some nice saws for sale, but just as stated before..most people shopping on here are looking for a good deal. Your saws are worth every bit of what you are wanting for them, however, in the right marketplace.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IM gonna stick with Chipper here. From the looks of it @Cracker Boy, you do not take constructive criticism well. In no way was he bashing you, or bashing your product. He always seem to call it as he sees it.
Yes, you do have some nice saws for sale, but just as stated before..most people shopping on here are looking for a good deal. Your saws are worth every bit of what you are wanting for them, however, in the right marketplace.
Your fine bro there as fair priced look as good if not better then any other saw in same class. For another 75 bucks as what bearings and seals cost id rather put them in then have to warr a saw poss. Ruin a. Cylinder and eat shipping cost as well and have someone pissed off at me like a strapon saw it just aint worth it to me, it dont matter anyway cuz according to him im a newbe and no one knows my work thats funny coming from a guy who cant even build a saw.it dont matter @Frank bierce i posted them sold. Im not givin them away. They can sit in the garage on shelve with the rest of them im not gonna have someone talk me down. On price tell me its not worth it when most of know what these parts cost to build a saw and build it right. I had a 92 dollar bill at stihl the other day on parts for 360 not counting a 35 dollar used oem crank and a set of rings and i get 10 percent discount off retail. A 660 intake boot was 34 bucks the other day I know what i got in it and whoever bought it would not have the first issue and a great saw. My father said when he was alive if your gonna do it do it right or dont do it at all i put 110 percent into everything i do. My buddy who is a stihl mechanic and manager tells me its a used saw i say its gonna be done right order the parts. I have an ongoing bill with them allmost weekly payments. I just ordered bearings and seals to build another 361 fuel impuse lines a chain brake band. Etc etc and am gonna dual port muffler on it as well as 1 i have for sale and thats another 80 to 95 in parts but wont give it away either. They can sit here till hurricane season next year when there are no saws to buy anywere ready to go for all i care then can even get more then what i had them listed for on forum. I had them lower then what i feel there worth and what i got into them on forum to try and be fair to the guys anyway. I cant give them away for less then what i got in them i will donate to a goodwill store for a tax write off before someone screws me. I apprecciate your comments and respect them as well thank you.