The "I work with dumb people" thread

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah sure ya can.

Cool thing is when you tell it what label you are cutting (only 5 sizes) it does the moving for you. All you have to do is load it right then barely pay attention.
You should replace your dummies with chimps!
At least they pay attention, most times.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another fun character I see sometimes is Neckbeard Marine. This dude is like 120 pounds soaking wet and fits all the neckbeard criteria. Long hair in a messy pony tail, trench coat, fanny pack, hasn't shaved or bathed for awhile, expert on every topic under the sun. He walks up to the counter and asks about the new .350 Legend cartridge. I tell him some about it and mention that the gun rags suggest it is good for up to 300 yards. He immediately corrects me, "Make that 500 yards, I was in the Marines for six years." If that is true, it doesn't look like he retained anything that they tried to teach him.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another fun character I see sometimes is Neckbeard Marine. This dude is like 120 pounds soaking wet and fits all the neckbeard criteria. Long hair in a messy pony tail, trench coat, fanny pack, hasn't shaved or bathed for awhile, expert on every topic under the sun. He walks up to the counter and asks about the new .350 Legend cartridge. I tell him some about it and mention that the gun rags suggest it is good for up to 300 yards. He immediately corrects me, "Make that 500 yards, I was in the Marines for six years." If that is true, it doesn't look like he retained anything that they tried to teach him.

That's when you start making *s-word up to watch him follow.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Putting my seat belt on in this truck while reading just to stay in the cab sittin still of course. What an awesome thread!!:crybaby2::crybaby2:

Listen to this one, the newest edition to 3rd shift thought it was messed up we have to work on fathers day. He doesn't have kids. He can also cut up cat fish to look like salmon. I even seen him shut the hood on the forklift with out unplugging it from the charger and try and drive off.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The best I've seen in a plant setting, like he was the potted plant... is Bob from the Ocean Spray packing house for cranberries in the pines. Opening week we knew this knob was a Douche-of-bags. Tried to explain to me how to operate a forklift, once. This guy would have trouble operating a fountain pen.

So I jump off the machine after bumping a column a bit, while he's still *b-wording and say, "Show me how it's done, please?"
We were bringing in the triple packs of double stacked crates off the trucks for repair at the docks. It's pretty simple to pull the top crate and the middle one stacked inside them. This pencil pusher stormed off all pissed and wouldn't even try, we raffed. He fired a few guys that week doing crate repairs, I quit the third week and then they shipped him back to Trenton to handle concentrate from Massachusetts coming down for processing. He fired two girls on the dock doing crate repairs the third week... they had just opened up. Guess they got tired of losing good people. Smitty stayed... he only needed three years to retirement. He was the best forklift driver around the area. I came from the junkyard before that so this job was cake. Went back to running a rollback... no more bs. You give me chit I leave your ass there wit your broke whip.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A *s-wordt-ton of 03XX grunts were borderline ASVAB-Waivers...don't forget that little bit of 411!

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's when you start making *s-word up to watch him follow.

We used to do that to a Marine that I was in the Marines with. This guy ended up being related to royalty in Europe with a castle, had a giant house with multiple boats, drove a late model corvette, could free dive to the bottom of the Tenkiller dam (600+ feet), was married with multiple ladies on the side... You get my drift; his lies were legendary. I went to see him one time at his hometown house; he was living in a ratty duplex, his kids were sleeping on the floor, driving a hoopty, and the ceiling was falling in from the roof leaking (shame on the landlord).

I say all that to say this: He was a good Marine and would kill or be killed for any of us Marines, and that is all that matters when the *s-word hits the fan

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be honest, my story is not necessarily that of a dumb person.
More like overzealous and cocky.

Recently at work I milled, drilled and tapped a large aluminum prototype work plate (800x620mm 30mm thick, with about 1300 M6x1.0 threads).
I am at my mill and this young coworker maybe half my age only recently transferred to work on the mills comes by and full of pride says to me "Whatever You don't know or need help with ask me, I went to school for this!", me forcing myself to be polite "Yeah, sure!".
Same day the fellow comes to me and asks for help as his mill stopped dead within a tool change and neither him nor the other workers managed to reset the machine to home positions as the Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) was under tension locked in an improper position and the machine would just report an overload condition upon trying to manually reset the ATC.
Me having seen this condition a couple times (tool misalignment so the tool gets stuck and the ATC can't move it no more) took a big piece of aluminum and a heavy hammer, aligned the aluminum on the tool and gave it a bang, tool breaks loose and back into place releasing the tension off the ATC arm allowing me to manually return the ATC to home position.
I realize this is no ordinary fault for an automated machine and "freeing" a machine from a position like that is not an everyday's task (well, for me it is actually).
Still, I felt a little looked down from upon as the guy proudly "offered" me help.
I certainly do not know it all , but I have over a decade on mills, the fellow has 2-3 months worth at best.

Back when I started working (aged 17) there was this thing called respect for Your elders, workplace and even more so Your superiors (I am a foreman, among other things).
This young generation of workforce I am encountering has no respect for their workplace nor coworkers and the only thing they excel on is Facebook!

To prolong the story, as I pulled out my phone to take pictures of the mills fault I get a perplexed look of the fellow.
He asks me "Why are You using such an old phone with a keypad?", me not being perplexed at all answer him "I am smart enough to use a dumbphone, dumb people use a smartphone to think for them as they can't for themselves."
Guy hasn't asked me a single thing for two weeks now, I think I may have hurt his feelers. :p
To clarify, I tend to take hundreds of work related pictures with my phone each week, yet I only use a dumbphone (Sony Ericsson Elm candy bar phone, 5MP camera).
It is a matter of personal preference, small size, great camera, battery stamina,. . .
I actually do own a smartphone which I only utilize as a tablet PC at home.

DISCLAIMER:
I mean no disrespect to anyone with any of my posts content!
It is all just part of the story. :)

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used to do that to a Marine that I was in the Marines with. This guy ended up being related to royalty in Europe with a castle, had a giant house with multiple boats, drove a late model corvette, could free dive to the bottom of the Tenkiller dam (600+ feet), was married with multiple ladies on the side... You get my drift; his lies were legendary. I went to see him one time at his hometown house; he was living in a ratty duplex, his kids were sleeping on the floor, driving a hoopty, and the ceiling was falling in from the roof leaking (shame on the landlord).

I say all that to say this: He was a good Marine and would kill or be killed for any of us Marines, and that is all that matters when the *s-word hits the fan
Reminds me
Took a former army "sniper" to my friends range
Last Saturday
Never shot with him before
He's a friend of a friend.
We were all amazed at the speed in which he wasted ammo
A 7 yard plate rack ate up probably 300.00 in
9mm .40 and .45 new factory ammo
The boy couldn't hit with a .22
I'm no great shot but I've shot idpa for 25 year's
He said rifle is his forte
So he proceeded to shoot 40 7mm rem mag
And 50 .204 ruger
Contacting probably 4/10
Nice guy horrible shot.20200613_112059.jpg
I'm not sure what he did in the army
But we're all safer that he's out.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't understand people sometimes
One of my former workers would follow another
Worker to the bathroom
And wait outside the door until she came out
Seriously Wtf
Weird dude
Told him several time's to stop it
Finally got rid of him.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mrn n :hello:

Reminds me
Took a former army "sniper" to my friends range
Last Saturday
Never shot with him before
He's a friend of a friend.
We were all amazed at the speed in which he wasted ammo
A 7 yard plate rack ate up probably 300.00 in
9mm .40 and .45 new factory ammo
The boy couldn't hit with a .22
I'm no great shot but I've shot idpa for 25 year's
He said rifle is his forte
So he proceeded to shoot 40 7mm rem mag
And 50 .204 ruger
Contacting probably 4/10
Nice guy horrible shot.View attachment 246587
I'm not sure what he did in the army
But we're all safer that he's out.
Are you excepting summertime drifters at the rage?
I could possibly be in WV this year. Could bring ammo, food and other interesting trade bait. Plus I'm no dummy if you need a hand with chit like climbing or other stuffs. Really need to get out for a road trip this year.
Also hearded about some hack wif a tiny dyno up norf yonder.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't understand people sometimes
One of my former workers would follow another
Worker to the bathroom
And wait outside the door until she came out
Seriously Wtf
Weird dude
Told him several time's to stop it
Finally got rid of him.

Wow. And this person was assumed to be a functional adult when they hired him?