High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The "I work with dumb people" thread

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Does being self employed count? I broke a check chain on my tractor a bit over a week ago trying to grind a stump with the parking foot in the down position. The parking foot is apparently much stronger than the pin that holds the check chain to the frame.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh FFSView attachment 298623

Like you didn't see this 12' tall stack tip?

Nope. Didn't see anything.

Just the other day I had a car with no A/C.
Grabbed the R134 machine, hooked it up and powered it on.
It was locked out due to requiring a refrigerant filter replacement.
Yeah, don't replace it, just push it in the corner and let the next guy deal with it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yeah, don't replace it, just push it in the corner and let the next guy deal with it.

Our one gas powered clamp truck at work was running stupid hot and need a rad blow job. I finally took the time to.donit the other night and the next day told the main material handler to let me know if it runs cooler. He proceeds to say, "It was over heating?" This thing felt like walking up to a bonfire after unloading a truck!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Every shop I worked in, the boss never assigned anybody to take care of the equipment so it was never done. I would take care of the equipment as much as I was able to, but there comes a point where you're putting free labor into something you don't own.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Literally just had this discussion with the other non-fluffer in the shop.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every shop I worked in, the boss never assigned anybody to take care of the equipment so it was never done. I would take care of the equipment as much as I was able to, but there comes a point where you're putting free labor into something you don't own.

When I started at my current job 3rd shift Sunday night went through a check list. Then we got busy and didn't have time to do that anymore and now managment is like "what do you mean its broken down".

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had double trouble in the bathrooms at the store last night. First, somebody did the classic poop in your underwear and then try to flush them. Of course, it clogged the toilet so some poor bastard got assigned to snake it out. Then, somebody took one of the big security tags on power tools that beeps and threw it in the other toilet. So it was sitting there in the toilet beeping at people when they tried to use the bathroom.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had double trouble in the bathrooms at the store last night. First, somebody did the classic poop in your underwear and then try to flush them. Of course, it clogged the toilet so some poor bastard got assigned to snake it out. Then, somebody took one of the big security tags on power tools that beeps and threw it in the other toilet. So it was sitting there in the toilet beeping at people when they tried to use the bathroom.
You forgot to mention what was in the trash can was because of all that.

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wasn't VaJayNa was it. Or he isn't smart enuff to charge AC systems?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't VaJayNa was it. Or he isn't smart enuff to charge AC systems?

Could have been.
AC work if it's a simple evac and recharge dint stress him out. If it needs an evaporator or compressor depending on vehicle I think he says "no leak found" and punts it out the door...

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could have been.
AC work if it's a simple evac and recharge dint stress him out. If it needs an evaporator or compressor depending on vehicle I think he says "no leak found" and punts it out the door...

Weird, we have a guy just like that. I love calling him out and finding the leak in two seconds so he actually has to do his job and repair cars.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I came into work with the delivery plate lookin like this. 20210623_150610.jpg
Of course it just happened..............

Boss came by and acted astonished. Asked me to fix it. 20210623_163202.jpgSo I did when the next load came about. He didn't find it funny.

So I took the 2 hours it take to do it right. 20210623_212851.jpg
BS I tell ya.

Last edited:

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At my last job we had a new(er) guy show up *s-word faced drunk for his shift at 6am. He clocked in, snuck out without telling anyone, then snuck back in at 2pm and clocked out. Didn't get fired for it either, which blows my mind. Then he no-call, no-showed for 3 days and got fired for that.

This happened one time-
IMG_20210122_075418350.jpg

Then this type of *s-word happened all the time-

Them-"Hey we pulled this order for you."
Me-"Thanks."
What they did-
IMG_20210506_070736248_HDR.jpg
Me-"WTF? Nevermind-"
IMG_20210506_071105446_HDR.jpg

I don't miss it.

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My work truck got borrowed by another park about a month ago and had to trailer it back because a "wheel locked up" but it was actually fine but I noticed the pto shaft was binding up when engaged. I started looking around and noticed the water pump and the vacuum pump sitting like \ / so I crawled underneath and think to myself how the hell did they hit a cross member that's higher than both axles, the fuel tanks, and the side boxes. Took pulling with a 3,000 lb come along attached to the rear springs with a chain to straighten it up some, almost broke the come along. I almost wish they would have just taken out the fuel tank bracing and the transmission so I get a new truck but that would mean I would have to get their truck which is broke down half the time and do like the old international 4700 dt466 with a 5 speed.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20211012_173534.jpg 20210921_151503.jpg 20211019_154618.jpg
All the wheels are off the ground.

I add lines to make web alignment for these guys easy but hey do use them and *b-word about problems.

And this is how the new dude (said he worked 12 years at another printer" latches a glue barrel.