The Great 2020/2021 Poulan Wild Thing Build Off

Rotty781

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm from Rochester.
Looks a little different from the red oak I am used to down here in TN.

Saw looks strong, nice work. [emoji846]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Thank you sir

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm having issues with mine. I think the cylinder is either out of round totally, or it's got high and low spots in the cylinder in random areas. The piston is starting to gauld in areas I didn't port and I can see areas of the cylinder that the chrome changes colors like the piston isn't contacting it in that area.

I can run it long enough to get it warm and cut it off and it gets hard to turn. Like the piston is larger than the cylinder at the bottom of the stroke. I haven't noticed that being a problem before.
KIMG1994.JPGKIMG1993.JPG

Last edited:

Rotty781

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s not good I have an extra power head if you need it

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you, but I have an extra cylinder here. May go that route, but I may not finish this.....the cost is getting out of control for what it is.
:facepalm:

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, here is what happened to mine. I have a head added to mine with 1/4" studs. I used a torque wrench each time I assembled it to 100 inch pounds. It was enough for the hardware, but too much for the cylinder. The flange at the bottom of the cylinder was bending with the clamping force. At this time I think I am done. I have the parts to make it stock and I think I will go that route. I'm sharing more so to warn others that are making a head that the parts may not hold up to the modification.
KIMG1995.JPG

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, here is what happened to mine. I have a head added to mine with 1/4" studs. I used a torque wrench each time I assembled it to 100 inch pounds. It was enough for the hardware, but too much for the cylinder. The flange at the bottom of the cylinder was bending with the clamping force. At this time I think I am done. I have the parts to make it stock and I think I will go that route. I'm sharing more so to warn others that are making a head that the parts may not hold up to the modification.
View attachment 282770
Just add a steel girdle to the bottom cap. Your almost there.