High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

TEMCo Auto Sharpener - User Review Thread

panolo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Have not had time to use mine much at all the last few weeks. February at work is 6 12+'s and on the 7th I like to drink.

My only concern continues to be the ability to just take the right amount off the cutter to keep from burning the tooth. I'll spend hours learning but I won't spend hours setting it up once I have learned. Worried about my oregon and husky loops as they always seem softer than my stihl loops.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
(Shhhh! Don't Tell Gun!)

OK - he did post this:
. . . you're welcome to mod, tinker, change, and do whatever the heck you want to the machine. In fact, if you break something, we'll send you a replacement part for free for as many screw ups you run into.

I don't know if the average user needs this, but I wanted it while experimenting and getting a feel for the machine (see post #137 above):

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

These let me see the actual position of the threaded stops, to eliminate 'phantom adjustments' (I relocated the 'Quick Start' instruction label to a different spot on the machine, and the 'windows' are covered with clear acrylic glazing).

IMG_3081.jpg

I also modified the grinding arm cover to make it easier to remove and install (required to center the grinding wheel). Previously, there was a narrow slot for an electrical cord, which tended to get pinched during this process.

Philbert

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, now it has a 'windows'-based operating system!

Philbert
The Windows experience:
"Please wait while we update Your operating system! We will make sure to F up Your Windows experience. You best start filing those piled up dull chainsaw chains by hand. Swear and curse all You want, we don't care."

GunTemco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Have not had time to use mine much at all the last few weeks. February at work is 6 12+'s and on the 7th I like to drink.

My only concern continues to be the ability to just take the right amount off the cutter to keep from burning the tooth. I'll spend hours learning but I won't spend hours setting it up once I have learned. Worried about my oregon and husky loops as they always seem softer than my stihl loops.

Just a reminder to make light passes, multiples if you have to.

(Shhhh! Don't Tell Gun!)
I love this. Improving the design and explaining how it works all in one.

Hope everyone saw my post from before. We truly don't mind you guys safely modding our products. Our R&D guys, including myself, do it all the time.

Steve Taylor

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just hand sharpened several chains today, I am going to do something about a grinder soon. Is anyone working on someway to fix the skip tooth or anything odd problem?