deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I knew mate.
Been unable to get time to get out and run it, may be a couple weeks yet.
There will be an 882 available by the time I get a spare day to test it
:thumbsup:

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I knew mate.
Been unable to get time to get out and run it, may be a couple weeks yet.
There will be an 882 available by the time I get a spare day to test it
I wasn't feeling manly enough Saturday in the heat to be lugging my 881 around to help my dad get firewood, so I took the 500i and His 385 Xp stayed in the bucket:aaaaa:

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope.
Fuel is fed in from the bottom of the carb so will probably preferentially feed the lower intake before the upper strato’s but no dedicated divider.

View attachment 297935

View attachment 297934
Fascinating. I always thought they used fresh air to fill the transfers and chase the exhaust gasses. Thanks for sharing, I’ve learnt something new.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it is.
Like I said, fuel will mostly go to the case but the upper strato ports are not pure fresh air feed.

I’m quite happy with that to be honest

Sounds like it’s Delayed Scavenge. Got any cylinder pics?

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally don't see a need for saw's over 95cc anymore all the big timber is gone that needed a power head that could pull a really long bar sure there is the odd big one and that's when the dinosaurs come out to get the job done or they just stick a 50in bar on some smaller cc modern saw and get the job done.
Chainsaw milling is probably the only reason sales haven't dropped to zero as yet with the big cc saw.

Now I will try and explain why here in Australia it's common ish in some parts to see saw's over 90cc with 20/25inch bars.
It's the hardness of some of our hardwoods it takes power to pull the chain through the timber.
Look at it this way take a 661 with a 25in bar running 404 when buried in say Grey Gum/Box/Iron Bark all very hard wood that will put the same load or more as a 661 over there pulling a 50in bar with 404 buried in your softer hardwoods.
If one was to try and do that here a 50in cut with a 50in bar on a 661 in our hardwood it wouldn't even have the power to pull the chain one revolution smoke the clutch is about all!
Going down to 3/8 chain here will lessen the load on the saw but who wants to be constantly sharping all day speed is of no concern I can live will the 1 second slower cutting 404 that's why I like 404 it's a tuff chain and holds an eage way longer than 3/8 in the timber here IMHO.
Yes in some parts of AU in softer timber guy's run longer bars on smaller and big saw's.
I hope that clears up some confusion I dought it! Lol

Well some of us ain't harvesting..but in order to get rid of trees like this willow or some of the Cottonwood I get called for the 880 is absolutely the go to saw..needed all 47" bucking this..

Attachments

• 20201001_185256.jpg
    20201001_185256.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: