Stihl 462s, they're not my cup of tea.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I am 56 in May. Am an arborist in the caribbean. Climb trees everyday. Never been to a gym. Never lifted weights. Still have a 32 waist and am 6ft at 176lbs. Now back to regular programming. This is a stock 462 with 28" chain eating some tropical hardasswood. Pride of India. This is a great little saw. Not mtronic on, just reg carb. Maybe 6 tanks of gas in.
I like the light ass thing.
Maybe I'm just f'n these m-tronic 462s up??? I do like how light the 462s are... I modified a case and a 461 crank to fit inside a 462... it sits under the bench... wait for funds to purchase a new oem cylinder/piston... I have too many projects... hell, the 462 bearings compared to the Stihl 046/460/461 etc are grams lighter... just the case bolts in comparison, the 462s weigh 10g whereas the 046/460/461 weigh 25g...

Off topic:
I'm 5'10" 210# with a 32" waist... When I was younger I had the German side of the family build... now that I'm older, the Scottish Genetics are starting to showcase themselves... 🤣

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jesus Christ.

Is this turning in to a photo shoot for Vogue magazine ?

Page me when Dallas is up.
Techno musics been playing in the background for a minute... got the lights dimmed... *s-words about primed

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Harry got game. He move to Cali with his very beautiful wife, leaving his stodgy bro to hold the reigns in Buckingham.

I have Jungle Fever too, this Chocolate girl I grew up by told me to bring over the Hot Cheetos and a couple 40s and she'd do things to me no white girl ever thought of.

I think I'm gonna try it, I heard your not a real man until you split the black oak...

Sierra_rider

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everybody has their niches... some people view their bodies as temples and treat it as such... while others treat it like a dumpster. I used to do track n field, football, baseball, basketball, wrestled open tournaments, boxed, did bodybuilding for a handful of years after I cleaned up from doing drugs... for me it was not only therapeutic but the pump was my replacement high... I went into the navy, had a bunch of injuries, 3 kids, a crazy marriage and let things go to the waste side... now that I'm older (44), with various health issues... I decided to try and get my health and body back into shape to where I might be able to see my boys grow and get married or just be successful.

I get that. My "thing" is riding pedal bikes(also motorcycles too.) I realllly like to drink, riding is the only thing I found that keeps me from heavy drinking. If I have to take some time off from the bike, I start to fall into the old habits. I guess it just replaces an addiction, even got ballz deep into racing mountain bikes for a few years.

This here folks is my gym.

I don't do it full time, but I scratch that itch, climbing for my buddy's biz occasionally.

If I'm just falling, it's fun to tip the trees over, but then the limbing and bucking is just work and not so much fun. With climbing, the whole process is fun. Not to mention the workout and how fun it is to work at heights.

islandarb

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get that. My "thing" is riding pedal bikes(also motorcycles too.) I realllly like to drink, riding is the only thing I found that keeps me from heavy drinking. If I have to take some time off from the bike, I start to fall into the old habits. I guess it just replaces an addiction, even got ballz deep into racing mountain bikes for a few years.

I don't do it full time, but I scratch that itch, climbing for my buddy's biz occasionally.

If I'm just falling, it's fun to tip the trees over, but then the limbing and bucking is just work and not so much fun. With climbing, the whole process is fun. Not to mention the workout and how fun it is to work at heights.
Mountain bikes are great. I rode them for years. Love them, but at my age I cannot afford to break a bone so I have given that up. I will be 18 years sober from drugs and alcohol on the 28th March. They nearly killed my ass. God ( not preaching here as I respect other's views and beliefs ) was my saving grace but climbing does keep my endorphins primed. The adrenaline climbing pumps, gets me up and looking forward yo the day....love running saws, my favourite tool ever. Have owned so many. Have 10 presently. Although I am waiting for 3 to get here. 3 huskys 372xp, 395xp, 3120xp. I dream of them nightly lolol. Glad to have found this forum. I am part of a few climbing forums, so this just compliments those.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandma picked out my sweater for my senior picture and I'm not ashamed to show people anymore hence my avatar.
My grandma has purchased me several sweaters along the way, usually from a place like the salvation army a size too small and questionable if it's a man's or woman's sweater.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe I'm just f'n these m-tronic 462s up??? I do like how light the 462s are... I modified a case and a 461 crank to fit inside a 462... it sits under the bench... wait for funds to purchase a new oem cylinder/piston... I have too many projects... hell, the 462 bearings compared to the Stihl 046/460/461 etc are grams lighter... just the case bolts in comparison, the 462s weigh 10g whereas the 046/460/461 weigh 25g...

Off topic:
I'm 5'10" 210# with a 32" waist... When I was younger I had the German side of the family build... now that I'm older, the Scottish Genetics are starting to showcase themselves... 🤣
Can you post some pics of the 461 crank turned down to fit the 462? Very interested.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Converting a 462c to a plain jane carburetor/coil... has anybody did it?
I see there are different part numbers...
My main questions are... can the carb be modified to operate not using the input from the coil?
And what are the differences between the carb flywheel and the tronic flywheel?