Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
10:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Converting a 462c to a plain jane carburetor/coil... has anybody did it?
I see there are different part numbers...
My main questions are... can the carb be modified to operate not using the input from the coil?
And what are the differences between the carb flywheel and the tronic flywheel?
Crickets on the 461 crank in the 462 pictures, eh ??

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Converting a 462c to a plain jane carburetor/coil... has anybody did it?
I see there are different part numbers...
My main questions are... can the carb be modified to operate not using the input from the coil?
And what are the differences between the carb flywheel and the tronic flywheel?
The flywheel, coil, carb, wiring harness are all different. The carb can't be made into an adjustable carb as far as I know. You seem to be a competent machinist so maybe you could modify it somehow. There are people here who have made their own carbs from a block of aluminum....so anything is possible.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crickets on the 461 crank in the 462 pictures, eh ??
That's for another build thread. I can tell that you have to remove material from the crank, a little from case on the bottom as well as on the top for clearance... in theory you could take the vast majority from the bottom of the case but it leaves the case a bit too thin for my likes. In the future thread I show scribed lines for case clearance if someone only wanted to clearance the case... once you see how thin the walls are you'll see why you should remove material from the crank and a little from the case.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe @tree monkey has a 462 build thread where he does a moronic to carb swap back and forth testing timed cut differences and showing what's involved in the swap.

A guy can read build threads for days with some easy searching. Or continue down the same path and get banned before the end of the week. The choice is up to you.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe @tree monkey has a 462 build thread where he does a moronic to carb swap back and forth testing timed cut differences and showing what's involved in the swap.

A guy can read build threads for days with some easy searching. Or continue down the same path and get banned before the end of the week. The choice is up to you.
It is what it is man. Simple as that. I dont want to replace parts with the oem carb 462 unless absolutely necessary. I'd much rather try to make what I have work or swap parts with readily available parts.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have no interest in banning Rich. That's exactly what he wants. Hell, Ray Charles could see that. He waded in here and kicked Shaun straight in the balls first thing. Then he went on to insult 90% of our members. He's just wanting to have us ban him so he can run back to his utube heroes and point to us and cry foul.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no interest in banning Rich. That's exactly what he wants. Hell, Ray Charles could see that. He waded in here and kicked Shaun straight in the balls first thing. Then he went on to insult 90% of our members. He's just wanting to have us ban him so he can run back to his utube heroes and point to us and cry foul.
If that were the case I'd already have done that. Lol.
You look back when I built rock buggies, murders, racecars etc... if I can build it for less than what a company, or person is selling their stuff for... I'm going to do so I save a buck in-order to spend it elsewhere. 🤣 it's really no different than any other company or person.
I didnt kick Shaun in the Nuts... are you saying that because I can build a generic tool using the same china parts purchased from amazon for $42?
If I wanted to kick him in the balls I would've listed the tool for $100 a pop with an extra head and custom widia bits. That would've been a straight kick in the dick, not the nuts. But, I didnt...