Show off your tillers!

AnthemBassMan

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m about to buy one for the raised beds I just built. You like it so far?
It works pretty good. I was lucky enough to get a 25% off coupon from Harbor Freight so it was around $160 after taxes, or somewhere close to that. Is it like the old Troy-Built Horse tiller I used to have? Nowhere even close. But this Predator takes up a whole lot less space and I can pick it up and carry if I need to. I don’t have the wheels flipped around like you’re supposed to. When you do that, the top of the wheel bracket turns into a depth gauge. This was just from a little test run last year.

L8R,
Matt

AnthemBassMan

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to say it’s 53cc. I don’t remember for sure. I know it’s in the 50s.
Nice. My Predator is 43cc. Still more than most of the other mini tillers out there. Happy tilling!

L8R,
Matt

Last edited:

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
20240416_114758.jpg

20240416_114807.jpg

20240416_114842.jpg

I was waiting to share some pictures of my Bush Hog RTC50G, and spring is finally here, so I can start turning over the "Garden" in preparation for seed.

When I moved to where I am at, I figured a compact tractor would be a do-all solution for property maintenance, heavy lifting, and gardening. I purchased a 2019 LS MT125h from a dealer in the area, and he cut me a good deal on a 3 point tiller the following spring, which is what I have been using for the last 4 years.

Being 50" wide, it is rather useless for cultivating, but for turning over the whole garden patch it feels like cheating. I have alot of clay in my soil, which has been improving as I add compost and work the ground, and the tiller really bites in and breaks it up well.

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 416340

View attachment 416341

View attachment 416342

I was waiting to share some pictures of my Bush Hog RTC50G, and spring is finally here, so I can start turning over the "Garden" in preparation for seed.

When I moved to where I am at, I figured a compact tractor would be a do-all solution for property maintenance, heavy lifting, and gardening. I purchased a 2019 LS MT125h from a dealer in the area, and he cut me a good deal on a 3 point tiller the following spring, which is what I have been using for the last 4 years.

Being 50" wide, it is rather useless for cultivating, but for turning over the whole garden patch it feels like cheating. I have alot of clay in my soil, which has been improving as I add compost and work the ground, and the tiller really bites in and breaks it up well.
How do you like the LS? I have a dealer nearby, good price, but I'm hesitant because they're made in Korea, and I swore I'd never buy another Korean-made machine after owning a Kia Soul.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
How do you like the LS? I have a dealer nearby, good price, but I'm hesitant because they're made in Korea, and I swore I'd never buy another Korean-made machine after owning a Kia Soul.

It has served me well in the 4 years and 350 hours I have run it. Had one minor issue it went back to the dealer for, and they took care of it even though it was a user induced failure (stick lodged in between pto seal and the housing, caused an oil leak). Can get some parts at the new holland dealer as well, as LS makes several of the compact models for NH who re-badges them.

I would buy another one without hesitation. I didn't see the need to spend $8-10k more for a green or orange tractor.