Show off your muffler mods

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, just did a couple days ago. I didn’t check it with a tach. I just made sure it was fourstroking pretty heavily
I did the same when I tuned this one, I had to back the hi needle out a lot from what the limiter would allow.

What sort of brazing rod do you use? I need to order more and can't remember what I bought.

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@srcarr52 what brazing rod do you recommend for brazing these mufflers?
I need to get some more and can't remember where or what I bought last time.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
4:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did the same when I tuned this one, I had to back the hi needle out a lot from what the limiter would allow.

What sort of brazing rod do you use? I need to order more and can't remember what I bought.
I would need to check the box out in the garage. I always thought it was just a standard brass and bronze flux coated brazing rod, but as I understand it now there are several different types. I see you asked Shaun, he should know

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello. I like this one. Rimarc
Flux-coated cadmium-free silver solder with 56% silver content. Suitable for soldering narrow gaps. Tile brazing of steel, copper, copper alloys, nickel and cemented carbide. Working temperature 650 ° C, melting range 620 - 650 ° C. Breaking limit 350 N / mm². Elongation 5%. EN1044 AG103.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone here tig brazing their muffler deflectors? I have used mig on a couple, but probably not anymore. I was thinking of tig brazing with silicon bronze filler on the next one.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@srcarr52 what brazing rod do you recommend for brazing these mufflers?
I need to get some more and can't remember where or what I bought last time.

Sorry, I don't gas braze mufflers as I always tig weld them.

Anyone here tig brazing their muffler deflectors? I have used mig on a couple, but probably not anymore. I was thinking of tig brazing with silicon bronze filler on the next one.

I recently did an 090G muffler that I tig brazed to keep more with the factory look, I used bare bronze filler. I had to recreate the mount, heat shield, and some of the fins. I tig welded the fin patch so it would blend in once powder coated.

IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0862.JPG

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A few guys here TIG, whether it’s steel, stainless, or SiBr ........ you won’t be disappointed with Shawns work, he’s a great welder !!!

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never seen a small one like that

The only thing that I’ve been collecting lately is bills from Christmas shopping for the kids............ and a few sideways comments about how much $$ it “musta costed” to collect 50+ saws
You gonna sail any? Asking for a friend lol